Why become a member? ×

FULL OF ORANGEY GOODNESS

yorick

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='689665' date='Dec 20 2009, 12:24 PM']That is sexier than Kelly Brook on a trampoline ... almost :)

Which cab is that? 115 or one of the new neo iso-barrrimanilow ones?[/quote]
its the cab with the heaviest size to weight ratio known to man.

[quote name='markm' post='710374' date='Jan 12 2010, 06:17 PM']I'm really interested in both the head and cab. Is it loud enough to gig with?[/quote]

Hi Mark... i've used it at rehearsals with two guitarists playing country rock, and i wasn't even at half way. Admittedly the drummer isn't the loudest!!!

[quote name='yorick' post='710379' date='Jan 12 2010, 06:26 PM']Hi Mark... i've used it at rehearsals with two guitarists playing country rock, and i wasn't even at half way. Admittedly the drummer isn't the loudest!!![/quote]

Thanks for the quick response! :) This seems to be exactly what I'd be looking for - not too expensive, but of high quality and with some mean power. It'd cost me around £900 for the head and cab, which is a fantastic price compared to some others in the market. Definitely have to have a shot of this sometime soon and see how it goes from there.

Edited by markm

Guys.....

I tried this set-up a couple of days ago (as well as the 2x12 iso neo)

I was astonished at how good it was and the volume capability for a small box.....

I've heard it said by the speaker Guru's (Bill & Alex) that the Isobaric design concept is flawed..... I remember the Linn Sara & Isobarik Hifi speakers of the 80's packing one hell of a punch (I would have heard Miller, Jaco, Clarke et al for the first time on a Naim Audio driven Linn Isobarik ststem) Sure the design makes them inefficient.... (The Linn speakers were a tough load which is one of the reasons they were so often partnered with the mega stable Naim power amps) but with a good 500w into a 2x10 (I believe the Terror bass has switchable impedence) it kicks out some volume !!

I think Orange have got it right.....

Updating the Isobaric design with neo technology and mating it with a clean and powerful class D output stage with valve drive pre !!

The future does indeed look bright !!

[quote name='Clarky' post='689665' date='Dec 20 2009, 11:24 AM']That is sexier than Kelly Brook on a trampoline ... almost :rolleyes:

Which cab is that? 115 or one of the new neo iso-barrrimanilow ones?[/quote]

Ahem, now I must google "Kelly Brook on a trampoline" - :lol:

Great looking rig mr. yorick :)

• 5 months later...

They say you can only pick 2 out of 3 when it comes to size, sensitivity and low end extension. This cab sacrifices sensitivity for the other two meaning you have to drive it with more watts than most cabs to get the same volume. But it goes stupidly deep for a 210 and it can take 600w so as long as you have a powerful enough amp, it should be plenty loud enough for gigs.