Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire BassBash 2010

Born 2B Mild

Back in February, Keith 'Yorks5stringer' and I organised the Yorkshire Bassbash at the Manhattan Club in Harrogate. It was a successful day by all accounts and the venue worked for us in that there was a bar, food and room upstairs for a guest speaker (which on that occasion was luthier Jim Fleeting). There were no stairs for rigs to be humped up and the free parking wasn't bad. The venue is also 5 minutes walk from Hornbeam Park rail station on the York to Leeds line and is also two minutes walk from the #36 bus that constantly shuttles between Leeds and Ripon.

Here's a link to [url="http://www.themanhattanclub.co.uk/"]the Manhattan Club[/url] and here's a link to some great pictures [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/kithdotus/YorkshireBassBash2009?feat=directlink#"]taken on the day by TK4108[/url]

So, we're going to go back there again. The date is [b]Sunday 21st March[/b] (noon to 5pm) and we are delighted to have as our special guest speaker (no pun intended) Alex Claber of lightweight [b]Barefaced cabs[/b]. [Edit 29/1/10 ...unfortunately, Alex can no longer join us on this occaision]

There's no charge for entrance, and there will no doubt be a raffle worth going in for.

Harrogate is a popular weekend stay destination, with plenty to do for families, though the retail therapy option is usually the most popular. Otherwise, there's the Turkish Baths and live music at places such as the Blues Bar.

Please post here if you are intending to come. Nearer the time we'll have a roll call for badges.

Edited by Born 2B Mild

[quote name='Mikey R' post='680420' date='Dec 10 2009, 05:11 PM']Remeber to ask this time Al.
:rolleyes:
Any new basses built this year? :)[/quote]
Hey Mikey - you've been doing all the building this year - hope you're bringing along your creation(s?). I've been focused on pcb's and soldering irons this last 12 months but I'm not allowed to talk about the Zvex clones here or people start shouting at me and I get all upset.