Why become a member? ×

Shuker P-5

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='deksawyer' post='929236' date='Aug 18 2010, 11:35 PM']Now that is bloomin lovely!!

I fancy something very similar, but in Sonic or Daphne blue with matching headstock and a 72 style scratch plate.

Would you mind PMing me the cost of your build?

Thanks

D.[/quote]
Best ask Jon himself but because most of the cost is labour and because he's not VAT registered AND there's no import duty and freight charges, a Shuker build is exceptionally good value. Plus, I paid in monthly direct debits that were small enough not to miss, so there's no need to find a lump sum all of a sudden. His email address is jon @ shukerguitars.co.uk

NB: Jon's got a stand at Bass Day, so I recommend folk come along and chat with him then (his phone signal's crap during the day at his workshop anyway).

Now I've cleaned myself up I can't stop looking at this, it's sooo lovely. I reckon Jon will have to put photos of this on his gallery pages, but that'll mean anothr change of underwear :)

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='929926' date='Aug 19 2010, 03:30 PM']I'm not one for P-type basses really, but that one has stopped me in my tracks. Everything about it is just absolutely right, and to be honest I think it sets a whole new standard. I really think it looks that good. OK, opinion of P basses duly amended.[/quote]
+1: I'd hit that. I particularly like how they've made the two pickup coils symmetrical rather than the daft looking 3+2 arrangement on Fender P5s.

Just wanted to say, that the neck is fantastic to play ...really easy to get around with the profile Jon's carved, and a low action to boot.

The East pre-amp is er ...less than subtle. Considering there's only one pickup, there is an amazing range of sounds that can be dialled in. However, there's lots of ways of modifying the East by sliding switches inside to different frequencies. Plus, I'm still trying to remember which control does what to what other variable, if you know what I mean. So, until I've mastered that, I'll not pass judgement. There's always the Passive Switch :)

Phil