Why become a member? ×

Stylus magazine top 50 bass lines

krispn

OK to do this justice book a few hours out of your normal daily life, hit up the link below, open up youtube and check out the tracks especially the ones you've never heard of before.

Let the discussion begin :)

[url="http://www.stylusmagazine.com/feature.php?ID=1843"]http://www.stylusmagazine.com/feature.php?ID=1843[/url]

Edited by krispn

There are some groovy songs in that list and some unexpected gems from the likes of the Damned and Gang of Four.

One thing in the lists favour is the fact that it's not all fancy showboating, 2 hands on the fretboard, slap work outs :)

Saying that though - Jerry Was a Racecar Driver is superb :rolleyes:

I can feel a Basschat Top 50 approaching :lol:

Yeah nice to see groove being considered not acrobatic's

Doddy
I respect the comment that these list's are often sh*te but its hardly that serious and meant more as a way to spend some time wasting on the web. Also its a way to be exposed to other genres of music and to some missed gems. I stumbled across the list looking for some good covers songs for a Christmas gig back home and not only have I found some top tunes to play but also some classic's to spin between bands.

In its defence its not as bad as the Channel 4's offerings of Top 100 shows.