Why become a member? ×

Cheap MM Sub 5

BassBunny

And the latest when I pushed him for the pictures and an address. By "My friend will be selling on eBay must mean a different eBay account he is going to create.
[i]Hi,
i am sorry for the delay in reply but i am away Birmingham for the week.

My friend has taken the bass of my hands to repair and will be selling on ebay for me when he is done, so i would keep a eye on eBay.

Thanks anyway, bit annoyed as i have had to pay eBay fees for the sale but oh well it happens.

Sam[/i]

[quote name='BassBunny' post='73370' date='Oct 12 2007, 02:51 PM']And the latest when I pushed him for the pictures and an address. By "My friend will be selling on eBay must mean a different eBay account he is going to create.
[i]Hi,
i am sorry for the delay in reply but i am away Birmingham for the week.

My friend has taken the bass of my hands to repair and will be selling on ebay for me when he is done, so i would keep a eye on eBay.

Thanks anyway, bit annoyed as i have had to pay eBay fees for the sale but oh well it happens.
Sam[/i][/quote]

Thats bullshit he told me it sold

We already know he's a complete liar as he admitted he previously lied about it being packed up.

I'm sure he just tried to save on ebay fees by not setting a reserve, then was disappointed not to get what its worth, but thats the nature of ebay and why I wouldn't sell my stuff on ebay.

He's commiting fraud as the ebay auction is a legally binding agrement to sell at the price & terms stated.

I'd INSIST on paying the sale price for the bass as is and demand the address - it won't be broken that story is so obviously BS (I'm sure you know that already). You've nothing to lose by telling him you know he's lying and put the ball in his court.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='73956' date='Oct 13 2007, 10:04 PM']We already know he's a complete liar as he admitted he previously lied about it being packed up.

I'm sure he just tried to save on ebay fees by not setting a reserve, then was disappointed not to get what its worth, but thats the nature of ebay and why I wouldn't sell my stuff on ebay.

He's commiting fraud as the ebay auction is a legally binding agrement to sell at the price & terms stated.

I'd INSIST on paying the sale price for the bass as is and demand the address - it won't be broken that story is so obviously BS (I'm sure you know that already). You've nothing to lose by telling him you know he's lying and put the ball in his court.[/quote]
Exactly what I did last night JLP. I was a bit more subtle however and said I was really pleased he was having it repaired, ( yeah right), and as he has a legally binding contract with me I will call and collect it as soon as it is fixed, subject to it being as described in the posting.
Have given him until tomorrow to respond with a date when it will be ready, or I will raise the issue with e-Bay, including the e-mails of people who have contacted him and he has said it is sold. Needless to say it has now gone quiet
I know I should just take Beedsters advice and just walk away, but I am having so much fun watching him wriggle and squirm I can't let go...... Good job e-mails are free :)

Yep I'd bet that someone has offered him something like £350 cash possibly collected within the last 24hrs
Similar thing happend to me once.

Request his address and you'll probably get his phone number too !

I'd make the little winker squirm for as long as you can

Edited by Adee

Here we go again with the latest.
Have registered a formal complaint with e-Bay now and got his details. Address in Preston and a phone number in the Outer Hebrides ?????????? God I wet myself when I got that.
Anyway will see what e-Bay do next.
Haven't had so much fun in years. Think I need to get a life.... :)
Thanks for the e-Mail Kev, will make sure I only use it if neccesary.
Cheers,
Stuart

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='73997' date='Oct 14 2007, 12:16 AM']I know I should just take Beedsters advice and just walk away, but I am having so much fun watching him wriggle and squirm I can't let go...... Good job e-mails are free :huh:[/quote]

No way, as it used to say above my desk, the best advice I can give you is to ignore any advice I give you :)

what a great tale from the bay!

keep in there dont let the silly fl***ker get away!!!!!

I absolutely hate these sellers, ebay is getting worse with no policing occuring they are getting away with it! it is almost legalised crime aligned with criminal activity!

Now I know there are loads of you just waiting for the next thrilling instalment so here it is. e-Mail received earlier this evening. I am afraid i am out of "tea and sympathy".
[i]Hi

I just need to know what i can do now. The bass has gone, i have nothing much else to offer as i am just a student. i only have i other bass which is a Fender Marcus Miller Jazz which i have been trying to sell for some time now but would be sold for a lot more than the musicman as i bought it from dawsons in manchester for £750 and would want £650-£700 with a hardcase included.

I also have a huge pill of ipod socks which i could let you have for free.

Please just let me know what you would like me to do as i am a bit shaken up by this and dont know what else to say to make you happy.

Sam[/i]
Not sure if I shouuld put a post in Items For Sale and see if I can get rid of any "ipod socks" :wacko:

[quote name='Beedster' post='74546' date='Oct 15 2007, 12:42 PM']No way, as it used to say above my desk, the best advice I can give you is to ignore any advice I give you :)[/quote]
But Chris, you do have an amazing nose for the "dodgy deal", so I guess you were spot on with the advice. However if I had taken it, I wouldn't be having half the fun I am at the moment with this Herbert and I would be depriving BassChatters of all the goss.

I was in your fair city recently. Best chips I have had for ages.....

Edited by BassBunny

needs to be taken further now!

I d/k what kind of action can be taken but this ebayer has broken a legal and binding contract which should result in him losing his account.

I always say go for the jugular and weed these idiots out...also ebay needs to be sanctioned/censored/disciplined/fined for allowing any of this activity....

[quote name='andy67' post='74931' date='Oct 16 2007, 08:37 AM']needs to be taken further now!

I d/k what kind of action can be taken but this ebayer has broken a legal and binding contract which should result in him losing his account.

I always say go for the jugular and weed these idiots out...also ebay needs to be sanctioned/censored/disciplined/fined for allowing any of this activity....[/quote]
That is exactly what I am doing. I am pushing e-Bay on a daily basis and have sent the latest thrilling instalment to them. Their process for this kind of thing appears to written by the Health and Safety gestapo as it appears to be very long winded and relies on YOU doing most of the work. Happy to do that, (and having fun in the process), but I have told them there is no more i can do. THEY now need to take action.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='74868' date='Oct 15 2007, 11:21 PM']Now I know there are loads of you just waiting for the next thrilling instalment so here it is. e-Mail received earlier this evening. I am afraid i am out of "tea and sympathy".
[i]Hi

I just need to know what i can do now. The bass has gone, i have nothing much else to offer as i am just a student. i only have i other bass which is a Fender Marcus Miller Jazz which i have been trying to sell for some time now but would be sold for a lot more than the musicman as i bought it from dawsons in manchester for £750 and would want £650-£700 with a hardcase included.

I also have a huge pill of ipod socks which i could let you have for free.

Please just let me know what you would like me to do as i am a bit shaken up by this and dont know what else to say to make you happy.

Sam[/i]
Not sure if I shouuld put a post in Items For Sale and see if I can get rid of any "ipod socks" :wacko:[/quote]

So, has he admitted to selling the bass to somebody else then? surely if, according to him, he's having it repaired then the bass is still in his possesion just elsewhere being "fixed" as it were, so now he's saying the bass has left his possesion completely?

Edited by kevbass

tell him you want the bass as you both entered into a legal and binding contract (him to sell you to buy) student or not! see what happens? also you could say that you may have to involve the police as it is now your property - as per contract - and would appear to have been stolen (in his words 'gone') and that he could be at the very least be charged with reset (selling on stolen goods)....not too sure how much different this would be in English law as it is in Scottish law.

Edited by andy67

[quote name='andy67' post='75153' date='Oct 16 2007, 05:07 PM']tell him you want the bass as you both entered into a legal and binding contract (him to sell you to buy) student or not! see what happens? also you could say that you may have to involve the police as it is now your property - as per contract - and would appear to have been stolen (in his words 'gone') and that he could be at the very least be charged with reset (selling on stolen goods)....not too sure how much different this would be in English law as it is in Scottish law.[/quote]

I would go with Andy on this one. The seller has cleared messed you about and as the bass is now yours (have you paid for it?) report it to the police, or at least threaten to and see what happens.

Ebay don't give a toss - it's small beer to them and not worth bothering about from their point of view. Have you suffered a financial loss? - you might be able to take the seller through the small claims court, but all you'll get back is money owed. Compensation doesn't appear to be an issue either.

Look at the guy still trying to name/shame Tune-o-Matic - he alleges, and suggests he has evidence that they sold him a misdescribed bass and he is seriously out of pocket - Ebay aren't interested.

Just leave the seller stinking feedback and forget it - life's too short.

Hamster

Well e-Bay have been less than useless. They have, apparently, done something but I haven't a clue what it is. I haven't paid anything, that was going to happen when I picked it up :wacko: , so after one last stinging e-mail to the seller it will be neg feedback and forget it.
Any annoyance I have is for e-Bay who are a complete waste of space. If they had moved a bit quicker instead of sending me patronising e-mails, I may have got to the guy, (with a heavy in tow), and completed the sale. Any feelings I had about the sale and seller evaporated some time ago.
I was just keeping it going out of devilment and to get the seller to finally admit he had "disposed" of the item.
Also it has kept you guys enthralled for a while......
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. It was nice to know that I at least had the support of THIS community, if not e-Bay.
I might just push him for his "huge pill of ipod socks" by way of compensation. :)

Edited by BassBunny