Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Shuker Custom 5 String P Bass- Updated possible trades/PX's

Old Horse Murphy

Long story short, I've developed terrible tendonitis in my left forearm due to a 5 string neck spacing and a false knuckle on my ring finger. This won't get better if I continue to play a 5 Sring bass, so I am reluctantly putting up for sale/trade my Shuker 5 String P bass Custom (the Alice Bass).

At the bottom of this post is a link to the build diary. The only change is that it now has Bartolinis as opposed to EMG's. The only downside to this is the re-routing to fit the Bart J pickup (a neck EMG J pickup was originally installed). It's not very pretty and is minimal. It does however sound immense :)

Apart from that and a very small ding on the back (pictured) it's been molly-coddled and is as new.

Yes I know what I'm doing and yes, I'm going to regret it but it's too nice to have sitting around as furniture.

It cost me £1,500 to have made and I'm either looking for around £1,200 or:
a decent US Fender P bass plus cash;
a 70's P Bass;
a Fender US P plus a Jazz/fretless;
US reissue P Bass or Jazz bass;
a Custom shop Fender P Bass for trade;
a Stingray 5 in Pacific Blueburst or black plus some cash etc.

This one was my "keeper" but unfortunately no more.

No Shuker case I'm afraid but a gigbag will be included and I will post.

Thanks for looking and thanks for your understanding over what is a very delicate situation.

Here's the link:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9416"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9416[/url]

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Thanks guys- I appreciate all your support.

I've had a few injections in to the forearm and enough ice to sink the Titanic but to no avail.

I ggged with her last night and we actually had to finish the first set early as I was in so much pain. The second set was a lot of roots and open strings. Sadly, nobody seemed to notice any difference :)

My other Alice (my wife) has been fantastic and despite me thinking she'd moan about me moving her namesake on, I think she knows how miserable I am.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='647862' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:21 AM']Sorry to hear this Nick - hope evrything works out and you find a worthy replacement.[/quote]

Thanks Alan. Hopefully there's something out there. I can't imagine there's much that's as pretty :)

I've edited my trades list bit too.

[quote name='obbm' post='648299' date='Nov 7 2009, 07:17 PM']Hi Nick

This is very sad. I hope you get it sorted pdq.

BTW could I tempt you to a 1978 Precision supplied from the factory with a jazz neck?

[/quote]

Thanks Dave and best wishes to you too.

That is one of the nicest P Basses I've ever seen and I've gone all giddy.

Temped? In the words of Churchill, "Ohhhhhh Yesssssss" :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

I feel your pain - I just sold my 5-string this afternoon thanks to a round of tendinitis I developed over the past year after I "upgraded." Still trying to work out how I'm going to prevent it from happening again, aside from getting a bass with a slimmer neck. Any suggestions?

you've probably thought of this already, but won't changing the position you have the bass on the strap help a fair bit?

its a shame you have to sell this, it's lovely! mind you, that bass obbm has offered is a bit tasty too!

This must be heart breaking for you man, If it wasnt a five I'd be selling my body right now. I hope whatever you end up with keeps you happy. Every time i see a Shuker I want one just a little bit more. Out of curiosity is that the Schaller 2000 bridge? how do you find it? Im incredibly tempted by it as i cant find Leo Quann anywhere anymore, do they retrofit to fenders?

[quote name='cocco' post='648801' date='Nov 8 2009, 02:31 PM']This must be heart breaking for you man, If it wasnt a five I'd be selling my body right now. I hope whatever you end up with keeps you happy. Every time i see a Shuker I want one just a little bit more. Out of curiosity is that the Schaller 2000 bridge? how do you find it? Im incredibly tempted by it as i cant find Leo Quann anywhere anymore, do they retrofit to fenders?[/quote]

I really like it mate. I'm not sure if it's a retro fit but it's very versatile and quite substantial. It can be adjusted left and right too and I'd definitely recommend one.