Why become a member? ×

1980 pre-EB Stingray **WITHDRAWN**

obbm

Because it never gets played these days my 1980 preEB Stingray. Root Beer body with Rosewood Board. Brass Nut. Gold plated hardware. Tort and Black Scratch plates. Factory case. I was told when I bought it that it had been originally made for Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith but unfortunately I have no proof of that. Great tone and plays well. A few knocks to the body but that's to be expected for a bass that is almost 30 years old.

Collect only as I'm semi-housebound and anyway who would want to trust this to Parcelforce or a courier.

Straight sale or might consider trade for Status S2 5-string with side LEDs or other 5-string of comparable value.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='Linus27' post='645865' date='Nov 4 2009, 11:55 PM']WOW, what a classic. Are you sure you want to sell it?[/quote]

plus the one.

that's a beautiful bass.

i keep thinking i should sell my sabre, but my better half (and better judgement !) tells me no - on the basis i'd miss it if it were gone.

Edited by ahpook

I've had second thoughts about selling this and so have withdrawn it from sale. It was an attack of the madness last night. Thanks for the kind comments, you made me see sense. Perhaps I ought to think about using it a bit more instead.

[quote name='obbm' post='646758' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:19 PM']I've had second thoughts about selling this and so have withdrawn it from sale. It was an attack of the madness last night. Thanks for the kind comments, you made me see sense. Perhaps I ought to think about using it a bit more instead.[/quote]
Good plan Dave!!

[quote name='obbm' post='646758' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:19 PM']I've had second thoughts about selling this and so have withdrawn it from sale. It was an attack of the madness last night. Thanks for the kind comments, you made me see sense. Perhaps I ought to think about using it a bit more instead.[/quote]

Super plan Dave. For the record, I have tucked my Fender Jazz away and just play my Stingray at the moment. Go on, give that Ray some love, she sure is a beauty :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='646793' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:48 PM']I think you did the right thing, too. That's your bass & it should stay that way. Now get it played :)[/quote]

MB1. :rolleyes:
...I should Coco!
....do not pass go and do not collect £2000 :lol: