Why become a member? ×

How bad is this going to be?

waynepunkdude

It could be like a rubber band on a box of matches. But for £50 maybe it's worth a crack?

I remember getting a new Mazeti Eagle guitar once for about £70. It was, without reservation, utterly f***ing despicable. I sent it back and they were very gracious with a full refund including my return postage costs.

I bought one of those last year to take to a festival with me. It was the natural one tho not the black one.
Action was TERRIBLE, fretbuzz on EVERY fret except 3 frets on the A string. Tried sorting the truss rod out to no avail.

It ended up like this....

Edited by Jobiebass

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='637439' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:17 PM']I bought one of those last year to take to a festival with me. It was the natural one tho not the black one.
Action was TERRIBLE, fretbuzz on EVERY fret except 3 frets on the A string. Tried sorting the truss rod out to no avail.

[/quote]

You turned it into 3 wheelie bins?

[quote]i live in tottenham, but work at the british library[/quote]

Cool my nan still lives in Tottenham, how much of a rush are you in?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='637440' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:20 PM']Cool my nan still lives in Tottenham, how much of a rush are you in?[/quote]

no desperate rush.

just to mention mine just has a piezo, no preamp...but if you're just into noodling round the house...is that a problem ?

and the action on mine is fine btw !

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='637439' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:17 PM']I bought one of those last year to take to a festival with me. It was the natural one tho not the black one.

[/quote]

You may very well think you're uber-cool for burning a bass in the middle of a field, but may I just remind you that we can see your pants over the top of your trousers. Very uncool indeed :)

I've seen these before. I think they used to do a pink version as well.

Shop is in London N4 (Crouch End, I think) so you could try it first (1 or 2 buses from Tottenham if my memory's any good!) or just buy a bass from ahpook One set of my grandparents lived in Walthamstow, the other in South Woodford. :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='637519' date='Oct 27 2009, 12:28 AM']You may very well think you're uber-cool for burning a bass in the middle of a field, but may I just remind you that we can see your pants over the top of your trousers. Very uncool indeed :)[/quote]

[url="http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08182004"]Obligatory[/url].

S.P.

I bought one of his Les Paul guitar copies off him. Plywood cheapy thing. Also took nearly a month to arrive.

Isn't too bad, although I'm basically replacing everything but the neck. Even that might go because the heel might be misshapen after I sanded it. f*** it, I'm just going to buy a new guitar.

I had something very similar, natural finish.
It was quite loud acousticaly, but very clanky. it was short scale and I found the strings too bendy (whatever type i tried)
I spent a lot of time fiddling with the set up and got it quite nice.
I got p#ssed of with the E string being quieter than the others.
Mine was £120 in a shop, might be worth a punt at £50.
A friend of mine turned his into an extra long bouzouki.
November 5th is coming soon.

I was intrigued with a 3/4 size precision they had for sale at £49.00 and my curiosity got the better of me.
When it arrived I opened the box, took one look and sent it back for a refund.
Worth a £10.00 for my curiosity to be satisfied.

There are some good ones out there, I bought approx 20 various basses and guitars from a Chinese factory when I was going to set up an import business and to be honest they were all reasonable and for the money excellent.
Its a bit hit and miss so with stuff like this you really do need to try before you buy.

I bought something that looked very much like that for a mate (he doesn't have an ebay account), branded Spider. Had a quick play of it when it arrived - the intonation wasn't right at the dusty end (to be expected with no compensation at the bridge I suppose), but the action was OK. Fret ends were a bit rough but you wouldn't notice unless you were looking for them. Nothing special at all, but I'd say the one he got was worth the money. That might be damning it with faint praise, but he still finds it ok for noodling in the living room.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='637519' date='Oct 27 2009, 12:28 AM']You may very well think you're uber-cool for burning a bass in the middle of a field, but may I just remind you that we can see your pants over the top of your trousers. Very uncool indeed :)[/quote]

Im a skateboarder. its allowed. ALtho the size small jacket pulling my tee up is a Epic Fail