Why become a member? ×

Bass-related photography...

danlea

Having seen this post of a [topic="64011"]Fender Jag[/topic] and the subsequent comments, I thought it would be nice to have a thread for people's bass-related photography (distinct from the previous 'Great bass photos' thread). OK, so basses aren't necessarily the most common of subjects, but I remembered a photo (larger image attached) I had taken after re-stringing my acoustic on a sunny day:

One for the nerds: What's the shutter speed?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='634655' date='Oct 23 2009, 05:36 PM']Lucky shot I took at a gig earlier this year...

[/quote]

Man, I hope you're making some money out of that shot. I use photo libraries every day at work and always scam through the 'guitar' section. Nothing this good. Get yourself published!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='634655' date='Oct 23 2009, 05:36 PM']Lucky shot I took at a gig earlier this year...

[/quote]

You've either sat your camera damn near on the bridge or you've got a rather large aperture! Nice shot either (or both) ways.

[quote name='danlea' post='634653' date='Oct 23 2009, 05:33 PM']Having seen this post of a [topic="64011"]Fender Jag[/topic] and the subsequent comments, I thought it would be nice to have a thread for people's bass-related photography (distinct from the previous 'Great bass photos' thread). OK, so basses aren't necessarily the most common of subjects, but I remembered a photo (larger image attached) I had taken after re-stringing my acoustic on a sunny day:

One for the nerds: What's the shutter speed?[/quote]

I'm gonna take a stab at 1/50, but if you tell me the ISO (maybe 400) & Aperture (maybe 2.8) & any stops on the flash (I'm guessing -1.2/3), I'll tell you the shutter speed.

Nice macro shot tho. The Mrs took this of me recently.

Edited by xgsjx

[quote name='Duarte' post='635121' date='Oct 24 2009, 10:03 AM']Also, what bass is that in the pic? It's gorgeous and I want it...[/quote]

Its one of my early (2008) builds from parts.

Mighty Mite Ebanol Precision Neck, poly coated basswood body from my Chinese buddy , Q-Tuner pup and Schaller 3-D bridge.
It sounded sublime....

[quote name='danlea' post='635034' date='Oct 24 2009, 01:19 AM']You've either sat your camera damn near on the bridge or you've got a rather large aperture! Nice shot either (or both) ways.[/quote]
A combination of both! I was sitting on the edge of the stage, in a small blues club.