Why become a member? ×

New Squier Signature Jazz Bass

ianwild16

[quote name='Musicman20' post='625500' date='Oct 13 2009, 09:37 PM']These guys have come quite far to get Fender signature instruments....bet thats quite an epic feeling.

As much as I like bass a lot more, im not as into the bass in Biffy as I am the awesome Strat sound.[/quote]

i was about to write a post about how simon was a great guitarist and that although i love biffy i dont think james is that great a bassist and maybe there are other bassists more deserving of a signature model.

then i stopped and thought 'what a horrible thing to say, you jealous swine'.

he's worked hard, he's not amazing but he's certainly more interesting and original than a lot of rock bassists, he seems like a cool guy, and more importantly, the squier models are supposed to get kids interested in taking up the guitar and bass, and frankly all the guys from biffy are infinitely better role models than some of the mindless nonsense about at the moment.

so right on! 'mon the biffy!

mark hoppus, matt bellamy, tom delonge, steve bailey, kurt cobain, stu hamm, zakk wylde

les paul didnt design the LP just came up with the idea using a hollow guitar and putting a plank of wood down the middle.

if i had a sig bass it would be a fender slab sunburst body with a badass 2, EMG PA in cream, tort guard, P size geddy neck, hipshot ultralites. no controls at all

Edited by nash

[quote name='nash' post='625557' date='Oct 13 2009, 10:29 PM']les paul didnt design the LP just came up with the idea using a hollow guitar and putting a plank of wood down the middle.[/quote]

Fairly sure it's his signature guitar. And solid, not hollow, was pretty much all of the point, started off with the plank, and stuck the sides on so it would look like a guitar.

If I had a sig, it would probably be something I couldn't make myself out of bits. I already have one (4) of those.

I have no idea who this band are but I just watched [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI56pWRpHeU&feature=related"]this YouTube video[/url]

Really surprised at how much the guys didn't know about the instruments and just left it to the Fender rep to add the details. The guitar's based on a Custom Shop 60's strat of which the Fender guy has picked out a few for the band over the last few years.

Seems like a bit of a gimmick to get the Squier name out there a bit more.

Mon the Biffy!! Saw these the other day, it's nice to see the boys get some recognition. James is actually a cracking bass player, has some really catchy lines and the interplay with the drums is great. It's mad to think that the Biff are actually big enough to have signature guitars now, how the times have changed!

I'm just listening to their set at Maida Vale, complete with Strings, Brass & new songs :)

[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n6tkj/Zane_Lowe_Biffy_Clyro_Special/"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n6..._Clyro_Special/[/url]
(starts about 1 hour in I think)

Sounding fantastic IMO, James' tone is pretty meaty and doesn't get in the way!
They manage to straddle the line of polished band and raw energy almost perfectly!

Si