Why become a member? ×

GB Spitfire FS. Something rather special.##SOLD##

phsycoandy

For no other reason than that I fancy a change and need some cash in my pocket for my forthcoming NYC trip I,m selling my rather special GB. It's a sister to EBS-Freaks 5 sting and one of a triplet taken from the same american walnut facing.
This is a Jazz on steroids, with a huge and powerful EQ section, it covers every sound in the book from full on Mark King slap to soulfull jazz tones and everything in between. A quality bass in every respect.
Super fast figured maple neck and fretboard, a really spectacularly pretty bass and always gets admiring comments.
Comes with GB Hiscox case. 9.5/10 condition wise, there is the smallest of marks on the top edge towards the rear, and a small depression just above the battery, Bernie is aware of this from when it was new and will sort it at any stage for the new owner, its basically a tiny settling in a knot of the grain and was there when I bought it, it is barely noticeable and it never bothered me. She has the snazzy smoked see thru EQ cover.
Some extensive new pictures: Please excuse the missing screw on the rear cover! It will be replaced.

Price wise: £1650 shipped and insured.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='623364' date='Oct 11 2009, 07:22 PM']Some requests for pics of the slight mark......

[/quote]

If this bothers anybody, it looks like 5 seconds on a polishing wheel will get rid of that - I had a few similar marks removed from my red Rumour.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='623390' date='Oct 11 2009, 07:45 PM']If this bothers anybody, it looks like 5 seconds on a polishing wheel will get rid of that - I had a few similar marks removed from my red Rumour.[/quote]Yep thanks EBS_Freak, its nothing really, just being upfront with folks.

Andy.....Andy.....Andy......

Why do this to me????

As I've mentioned once or twice before, I was in Bernie's basement the day before you collected it, and he played it through the rig that I eventually walked out of the shop with. It sounds absolutely stunning!!!

Right.......I'm off down to hell to sell my soul to the devil.....I'll be back (hopefully)!!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='623093' date='Oct 11 2009, 01:56 PM']For no other reason than that I fancy a change and need some cash in my pocket for my forthcoming NYC trip I,m selling my rather special GB. It's a sister to EBS-Freaks 5 sting and one of a triplet taken from the same american walnut facing.
This is a Jazz on steroids, with a huge and powerful EQ section, it covers every sound in the book from full on Mark King slap to soulfull jazz tones and everything in between. A quality bass in every respect.
Super fast figured maple neck and fretboard, a really spectacularly pretty bass and always gets admiring comments.
Comes with GB Hiscox case. 9.5/10 condition wise, there is the smallest of marks on the top edge towards the rear, and a small depression just above the battery, Bernie is aware of this from when it was new and will sort it at any stage for the new owner, its basically a tiny settling in a knot of the grain and was there when I bought it, it is barely noticeable and it never bothered me. She has the snazzy smoked see thru EQ cover.
Some extensive new pictures: Please excuse the missing screw on the rear cover! It will be replaced.

Price wise: £1650 shipped and insured.

[/quote]

STUNNING!!!!

[quote name='The Shrek' post='625768' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:05 AM']No probs, Thanks anyway![/quote]

Haven't been able to eat or sleep and I am really depressed :) cause i can't afford your Spitfire, my wife is worried that i am going to BUMP myself off!

Michael