Why become a member? ×

GB Spitfire FS. Something rather special.##SOLD##

phsycoandy

[quote name='The Shrek' post='626575' date='Oct 14 2009, 11:57 PM']Haven't been able to eat or sleep and I am really depressed :) cause i can't afford your Spitfire, my wife is worried that i am going to BUMP myself off!

Michael[/quote]
oooerrr! don't do that, someone might be watching :rolleyes: after all its just a bass, but one you'll probably never have the opportunity to own ever ever again! dig deep.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='626779' date='Oct 15 2009, 11:20 AM']oooerrr! don't do that, someone might be watching :) after all its just a bass, but one you'll probably never have the opportunity to own ever ever again! dig deep.[/quote]

i dug deep for my pre spitfire gb in 1999...she's still blowing away the competition with ease today....if you can at all sqeeze the money out for this amazing bit of kit you realy should....

SOLD PENDING THE USUAL.

I saved long and hard for this bass and will miss her badly. I happened upon her with a freak phone call to Bernie 3 years ago nearly, but times move on and situations change. She was a dream bass and still is and I'm sure the new owner will appreciate her imeasurably. Apologies to all the guys who were struggling to sell gear to finalise the deal and to all the PM offers etc.

Andy :) Grabs Whisky bottle and swigs. Oh well..........

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='627392' date='Oct 15 2009, 10:05 PM']SOLD PENDING THE USUAL.

I saved long and hard for this bass and will miss her badly. I happened upon her with a freak phone call to Bernie 3 years ago nearly, but times move on and situations change. She was a dream bass and still is and I'm sure the new owner will appreciate her imeasurably. Apologies to all the guys who were struggling to sell gear to finalise the deal and to all the PM offers etc.

Andy :) Grabs Whisky bottle and swigs. Oh well..........[/quote]

It surely was a beautiful bass my friend and I was truly in love with her, just the wrong time. I had to go today and lift £1600 but unfortunately i have to give it to a plumber tomorrow when he finishes our new bathroom. All the way home I was thinking what if................

Good luck buddy

Michael :rolleyes:

Think you are right Andy - a good new home/owner. Still just a bit miffed that I could not raise the necessary but that is the way things go sometimes - now if I could just persuade Russ to sell Bentley in 6 months time!!!!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='632404' date='Oct 21 2009, 02:37 PM']Pete. Mr Thunderthumbs. apparently he played her the day before I collected her from new and fell in love then so perhaps it's right in the end that he finally has her, although you will understandably dissagree![/quote]

Well......got home just over an hour ago. What a very, very, very long day! Been on the road since 7.30am, and been driving for most of that. But.......it's been 1000% worth it.

Got her home and immediately played her (it must be a 'she' :)).

And what a dream to play. Just feels right straightaway.

Andy....I know how you feel. I also delivered my Warwick Thumb to joe_bass today, and I can't deny there was a little something inside me that was sad to see it go, as I've owned it for 18 years. But like I said at the time, it's not been used in anger for at least 2 years, so better to go to someone that'll give it the use it deserves.

Once again, thanks for making it easy for me. And I promise I'll look after her.

Cheers,
Pete.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='632950' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:38 PM']'Twas a pleasure to meet u sir! Enjoy! :)
Note my GB avatar has gone, only to be replaced by something thats equally easy on the eye![/quote]
You too. Shame I couldn't take up the offer of the brew from the other day.

Your avatar.......you're not wrong there :rolleyes:

Take care.

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='632943' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:32 PM']Well......got home just over an hour ago. What a very, very, very long day! Been on the road since 7.30am, and been driving for most of that. But.......it's been 1000% worth it.

Got her home and immediately played her (it must be a 'she' :)).

And what a dream to play. Just feels right straightaway.

Andy....I know how you feel. I also delivered my Warwick Thumb to joe_bass today, and I can't deny there was a little something inside me that was sad to see it go, as I've owned it for 18 years. But like I said at the time, it's not been used in anger for at least 2 years, so better to go to someone that'll give it the use it deserves.

Once again, thanks for making it easy for me. And I promise I'll look after her.

Cheers,
Pete.[/quote]

Blimey Pete, you delivered my P bass this morning, and also the Warwick Thumb, and then picked this up? You must have racked up some miles today!

[quote name='tredders' post='632973' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:56 PM']Blimey Pete, you delivered my P bass this morning, and also the Warwick Thumb, and then picked this up? You must have racked up some miles today![/quote]
Yep. A 650 mile round trip! I was OK while I was driving. Now I've got home, I've realised I'm knackered!!!

That's the equivalent of driving from ours to Newquay and back again in a day.....which I'd never do! The things I do for the love of the bass :)

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='633014' date='Oct 21 2009, 11:24 PM']I never saw ur 76 P advertised? did I miss it?

I'm loving my new avatar, but I bet shes even more high maintenance! but probably worth an hour on the meter![/quote]
I never even got round to advertising it. Just after I'd advertised my G&L, I uploaded the photos of my P to photobucket, then spotted Mark's topic in the "Items Wanted" for Precisions. One of them was a 70s P in black with a maple neck. That was exactly what mine was. So we agreed a fee and the deal was done, just like that.

And your avatar...I would mind 'maintaining' her :rolleyes:. Don't think the wife would encourage it though :).