Why become a member? ×

Is there a bass line that you just couldnt do?

Bass_In_Yer_Face

[quote name='Jam' post='66243' date='Sep 27 2007, 01:20 AM']I love the old metallica stuff but I just don't have the time, patience or skill to do master of puppets or battery. Yes Yes I know someone out there is saying "what, you suck, they're easy" but yeah..[/quote]

My band cover MoP. I find the most part of it fairly straight forward, but there are a few parts I just can't nail, but no-one can hear me anyway :).

I find Dream Theater stuff to be almost impossible to play through a whole song.. there's always some part that will totally own me.

[quote name='grosa' post='66254' date='Sep 27 2007, 02:32 AM']zenders mr moon had me for years until i figured it out,still nothin on the master zender[/quote]
+1 on Zender - there are some awesome lines on early Jamiroquai stuff, I always find the phrasing in Virtual Insanity tricky.

Worst is Jaco - I can spend hours tryng to nail his stuff :)

[quote name='Bass_In_Yer_Face' post='66222' date='Sep 27 2007, 12:38 AM']I've always been flabbergasted by Norman Watt Roy on "Hit Me With Your Rythmn Stick"

Having seen the guys on youtube playing it, I can safely say that if I played till I was 100 years old I still couldn't play it! :)[/quote]

What he said! Great bassline, which I will never be able to play!

I'm always stunned (and slightly humbled) whenever I see Youtube clips of some of the guys on here playing. There's a lot of talent around here....

Mark.

[quote name='Phaedrus' post='66428' date='Sep 27 2007, 02:32 PM']Just one? :)

The ones I [i]can[/i] play are in my band's set-list . . . :huh:

Can't but would dearly love to?

YYZ - Geddy
Teen Town - Jaco
Havona - Jaco
I Need More Love - Robert Randolph Band
Lucretia McEvil - Blood, Sweat & Tears
Mr Pink by Level 42

So many more...

Mark[/quote]

ahhh.... Teen Town.

I spent a whole day from 10am - 10pm learning that, I can play about 30 seconds of it :huh:

[quote name='Phaedrus' post='66433' date='Sep 27 2007, 02:37 PM']Call me a prude (I'm not), but IMO that's inappropriate - smilies or no smilies.

Mark[/quote]

Actually I agree. I'm sure you won't mind if I edit that one

Guest subaudio

There's load's of techno and jazz stuff I couldn't play, but the "day to day" stuff I could never get Billy Jean by Michael Jackson right, easiest Bline in the world but it just went on forever and then a mid 8 jumps out of nowhere, caught me every time.