Why become a member? ×

Hot Burrito!

Cat Burrito

As we all love a bit of show & tell, here's my collection of basses;

I'll start left to right with my Fender 50s RI MIJ Precision bass that is 20yrs old. Pretty battle scarred now but this saw active service throughout the 90s. I try to use it less now as it harks back to the days when I didn't look after my gear. It now has a Seymour Duncan SPB-1 pickup in it. It looks more like a 62RI as it also has a CIJ 62RI neck now! Next up is my 51RI MIJ Fender Precision bass with white pickguard and Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickup. In the middle is my Fender Precision USA 2006 bass that I've strung with Rotosound TruBass strings for a double bass vibe. This is great for when I need portability but want a good vibe for roots style playing. I have really only used this for recording. To it's right is my bitsa bass. It's got the neck off my 50s RI with a 70s USA Fender body and a Wizard pickup. This is my main live bass. I stripped it myself, sanded it down and it now smells of lavender due to the wax I use. Finally we have my pride & joy - My 1978 Fender Precision in immaculate condition. I have the original receipt, original strings and have had it properly varified. It's 100% all original. Here's a better picture

Away from the P-basses....

Edited by BurritoBass

and my unusual wildcard bass that comes via Houston, Texas - the resonator bass. This has a seriously good tone. Cheap as anything so I hope it lasts but it has a really good vibe to it.

And FINALLY, there is my double bass which is the best instrument I've ever owned. Pictured here with a small Ampeg combo

• 3 months later...

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='716546' date='Jan 18 2010, 01:18 PM']I really miss the Fender Bassman head and 2x15 cab that i had.
What make is the resonator ? i could do with something like that.[/quote]

Nobody has ever owned up to making that Resonator! :) It has a blank headstock. It was shipped from Houston, TX but I don't suppose it is USA made. Could be I suppose but I've always assumed it's from the Bluegrass Republic of China. They do pop up on EBay but not as common as they should be. It's a great bass and for the money it was an absolute steal

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='716779' date='Jan 18 2010, 04:56 PM']Nobody has ever owned up to making that Resonator! :) It has a blank headstock. It was shipped from Houston, TX but I don't suppose it is USA made. Could be I suppose but I've always assumed it's from the Bluegrass Republic of China. They do pop up on EBay but not as common as they should be. It's a great bass and for the money it was an absolute steal[/quote]
Ideal for Countly a Wesson then ? :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Thanks Jigster - They were custom made by my friend Rick Green who runs my local guitar shop. His brand is called Voodoo and he has made about 200. Dave Dee owned one and a couple of pro players have owned them but they are pretty exclusive. The Leather one was inspired by Waylon Jennings' guitar and I grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard. The white one was inspired by Steve Cropper's guitar, the blue bound one was because I wanted a maple necked bound body and Fender only do that with rosewood; and the tremelo one Rick made and I liked it. It was the only one I didn't have designed to my specs.

And Clarky, yes to both of those. I do own an Ampeg Classic USA head that is solid state and an Ampeg Classic USA 2x10 cab too.

• 5 months later...

Wow - fantastic - just had a quick look - taking dog out & will ogle when I come back. Admire you greatly in relation to the cancer- there can't be many who haven't been affected in one way or another ( my dad's in remission ). My band have done a few fundraisers & are hoping to do something in December - buskingforcancer I think is the name. Cheers, all the best Donald.

Had a better look now - bit of drooling going on :lol: I'm liking the bridge & pickup covers for some reason the basses look really handsome - I'm not normally into them - if I don't get a new Jazz I think I'll put them on the one I have - bling!!

Also like the double bass - I kinda fancy one but don't know if I'd be any good tried a fretless once, but felt you needed some kind of musical ability to play it :) - they look really good though & would make a lovely corner feature.

My Dad's had the all clear for another 6 months - " Make hay while the sun shines, son" is what he says to me - now although it's not that sunny in Falkirk , I know what he means. :)

Say hello & best wishes to the guitarman.

All the best
Donald

Amazing bass collection! Reminds me of the line from 'The Wall' when the chick (Toni Tennille) says 'Are all these your guitars??' Quite a lineup. I have always (in two years of playing) felt only one bass was necessary, but lately I'm not so sure ..

Thanks.