Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass

steve-soar

Just got back from The Matthew Street Festival and I was watching a friends band play at The Varsity pub in Liverpool, on Hanover Street.

He was using a Stingray, into a Little Mark head, into a smaller Mark Bass 4x10. Sounded quite good. Very bassy and the sound travelled to out on the street, about 100 foot away. Good stuff. :)

Just tried the Little Mark Tube out at Andertons in Guildford. Nice bassy sound, but very little difference between the solid state and valve pre's :)

One of my favourite live sounds was a function band a couple of years back with a LM into two MB cabs, but when I play them they sound a bit muffled (even when going easy on the VLE control)

[quote name='onehappybunny' post='586545' date='Sep 1 2009, 02:37 PM']Just tried the Little Mark Tube out at Andertons in Guildford. Nice bassy sound, but very little difference between the solid state and valve pre's :)

One of my favourite live sounds was a function band a couple of years back with a LM into two MB cabs, but when I play them they sound a bit muffled (even when going easy on the VLE control)[/quote]

Agreed on both counts. LM non tube is better IMO...and the cabs always sound good when others use them!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='626005' date='Oct 14 2009, 02:00 PM']best rig I have heard with MB gear, is my dad's MB SA450 into a Berg AE10 - the nicest growliest tone ever!!
but I prefer my Hartke LH500 with Berg HT210 and HT115 :snob:
though I would like a MB F500 - cos of the weight and size[/quote]

Quite right too!

Aren't you supposed to be at school working right now? :)

[quote name='51m0n' post='626055' date='Oct 14 2009, 02:54 PM']Quite right too!

Aren't you supposed to be at school working right now? :)[/quote]

Aren't you too?
I've finished my music stuff - you know me, finish with two lessons spare most of the time - and done the extra questions on other areas of study, before you try that one :rolleyes:

dudes - I was going to start up a new thread but hey I'll add it here and see what comes??

I have a budget of £1500...need a new amp. My old Trace SMC combo (with 1x15cab) is dead forever.

I need a new amp pronto!

MARKBASS seem to be getting alot of good reviews...

What would you guys reccomend?

I play P bass and J basses (4 string) and have a sansamp DI box.

Suggestions please...?