Why become a member? ×

All the hard work has paid off...

Eight

I'm sure there was a similar thread (or series of posts) but can't find it. Anyway, I have to post this because I'm feeling chuffed.

In December I bought my first bass... and in January I bought my first BGM. In said magazine there was a transcription for Murder On The Dancefloor (which for some reason is a song I really like). I tried briefly but couldn't get anywhere with it.

Today I saw the video on TV and thought "what the hell, let's give it another go"... and I can bloody play it. :) Perhaps not perfectly... and it took a few goes to get it up to 120bpm but hey.

Ok so it's not the hardest bass line ever, but I'm seriously happy because it's a clear indication of progress; and I just had to tell somebody.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

It's very very rare that I stop and give myself any credit for things - especially music related. No rest for the wicked though :) I think I needed a bit of reassurance that my playing was heading in the right direction, and now I feel more enthused to keep working.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='584920' date='Aug 30 2009, 07:13 AM']i personally love that bassline! in fact im off to dig out that BGM issue and have a go myself[/quote]
It is a great line - really funky without being unnecessarily flash.