Why become a member? ×

..... On it's way! Musicman Stingray 5 Fretless with EBONY board!

Shockwave

Well i know i was going to buy a new amp, but something came up as usual!

Heres the Blurb.

[quote]Purchased in 1992 and owned by the original buyer since this is a great example of a fretless five string Musicman Stingray. The original Pau Ferro fingerboard was changed in 1993 by John Diggins of JD to the current beautiful piece of Ebony with maple stained fret markers and high polish polyester finish. The fingerboard has been re-polished since it was originally fitted and the whole bass is in very good condition with no missing paint finish and no rust on the fittings. The back of the highly figured bird's eye maple neck has been finished in a high polish finish to match the fingerboard. The unique bass has a wonderful feel and tone due to the Ebony fingerboard. This bass comes with the original fitted hard case.[/quote]

Should be arriving Friday. +1 for Mark who was very nice to talk to over the phone, and i'll have to take him up on the offer to try out some serious ampage soon!

Anyway... this might not be the only thing i buy today :)

Rob.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='567531' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:42 AM']Mark showed me that bass last week after I'd popped to see John Diggins, funnily enough! The pics do not do it justice, believe you me, and that fingerboard.......well, being a mod now, I cant swear but its fecking incredible! I played it acoustically and the mwaaa could be felt as well as heard.

You lucky sod!

Nick[/quote]

Mark mentioned you popped in and played it :)

What was the action like on it eh? Flats/rounds?

Rob.