Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! - LeFay Pangton 4

j4y

hi!

I'm selling my my lovely wife, a LeFay Pangton. It's the serial Nr. 11, so it's about 20 years old. Perfect Condition, and superb tone!

Specs:

Body: Wenge
Neck: Padouk with ebony fretboard. 24 frets.
Pickups: 2 Alembic Humbucker Active
Electronics: Volume, Volume, parametric EQ.

Asking 1200 Euro + shipping.

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/joachim.lippnegg/Maria"]Pictures[/url]

For closer pics or questions, please contact me.

cheers and thanx. jogi

Edited by j4y

[quote name='4000' post='562339' date='Aug 6 2009, 11:31 PM']I love these but sadly it would kill my back in an instant. Fabulous though.[/quote]

Yep, she is not the lightest one, but hangs well balanced on the body. You don't feel the weight.

[quote name='4000' post='562339' date='Aug 6 2009, 10:31 PM']I love these but sadly it would kill my back in an instant. Fabulous though.[/quote]

Like the man said, I've also admired these since the first time I saw one reviewed but weight is weight to us owld fellas and this would kill me!

Good luck with the sale though. :)

Absolutely gorgeous, I love how organic all that carving is, everything flows into everything else and the matt finish just adds to the overall effect. If this was a 5 with those Alembic Fatboys, I'd be looking at my bank account and asking myself about how much pain I could take until my next pay packet...

Many years ago I heard one of these at the Frankfurt Music Fair in Germany and I loved the sound and the looks of these basses.. I always told myself that I would get one of these and together with a Steinberger L2 it has always been on my acquisition list. I already own two other Lefays and these are amazing basses..
Just when I thought I have more than enough basses this one shows up. You're making it hard :-)
Is there a way you can use normal (non-double ball) strings with those tiny screws that block the strings an the end of the neck ? Where are you based ? I'm from Belgium and your name and the bass suggest that you might be German.

[quote name='wombatboter' post='562509' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:09 AM']Is there a way you can use normal (non-double ball) strings with those tiny screws that block the strings an the end of the neck ?[/quote]

hi, you can use normal strings, with grub screws on the head. a package of 4 will be sent with.

[quote name='wombatboter' post='562509' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:09 AM']Where are you based ? I'm from Belgium and your name and the bass suggest that you might be German.[/quote]

Nearly, but I'm from austria. For questions please contact me.

thx. jogi

[quote name='ped' post='562965' date='Aug 7 2009, 07:27 PM']I am trying to remember an album I have with one of these on it with some big name player. Can't quite remember!!

Are the Alembic electronics original? Lovely looking thing!

ped[/quote]

Hi, yes that's all original Alebmic electronics.

cheers. jogi