Why become a member? ×

Dave peacock

YouMa

Great bass player and all round musician there are some good bass lines in Chas and Dave songs.
If you take the blinkers off and listen to the songs they are all great players drummer included.
I first got interested in slapping when I saw C&D on Top of the Pops doing a octave slap thing, I didn’t know what he was doing but it looked cool who said C&D are not cool.

[quote name='jmesa' post='560165' date='Aug 4 2009, 01:31 PM']I saw Chas and Dave at a rave last year. They rocked it! Was hilarious.

Great player.[/quote]

Saw them at the GBBF a couple of years ago. The acoustics didn't do them any favours (Olympia :rolleyes: ) but otherwise it was the perfect event for them to play and I'm sure they look exactly the same as they did in the 80's :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='560639' date='Aug 4 2009, 09:20 PM']Didn't Chas play bass at one time too - in Heads Hands and Feet with Albert Lee?[/quote]

Yep, he`s on one of the Whistle Test dvd`s doing "warming up the band" playing a P bass. He was also one of the first electric bass players to become well know in the 60`s, playing in the Outlaws along with Ritchie Blackmore where he played a Framus something.

Jez

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='560639' date='Aug 4 2009, 09:20 PM']Didn't Chas play bass at one time too - in Heads Hands and Feet with Albert Lee?[/quote]
He did play in Head Hands and Feet, and he also played bass backing Jerry Lee Lewis in 1963 apparently. [url="http://www.chashodges.com/biography.html"]Chas Hodges site[/url]

Not that that helps with Mark's original request :)

Edited by bythesea