Why become a member? ×

Happy as Larry

beerdragon

[quote name='beerdragon' post='550618' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:46 PM']Thats the late Allen Woody of the Allman Brothers and Goverment Mule. He had quite a collection.[/quote]

I wonder, in my crazy world, if he was ever introduced to Woody Allen?

[quote name='beerdragon' post='550618' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:46 PM']Thats the late Allen Woody of the Allman Brothers and Goverment Mule. He had quite a collection.[/quote]
Aha, was just playing Jessica by the Allman Bros a couple of days ago when on holiday - cool bass line in that one

As a Tribute to Allen Woody, Government Mule released an album called the Deep End and it featured John Entwistle. Jack Bruce, Flea, Bootsy Collins, Larry Graham, Roger Glover. and thats only Vol1, Vol 2 Featured Les Claypool. Billy Cox, Phil Lesh, Tony Levin, Chris Squire and Jason newstead. thats where my next tenners going.

[quote name='Clarky' post='550624' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:50 PM']Aha, was just playing Jessica by the Allman Bros a couple of days ago when on holiday - cool bass line in that one[/quote]

I think original Allman Brothers bass player Berry Oakley played on 'Jessica'.

The Allen Woody 'Deep End' tribute CD's are really good. There is a live version available too in a CD/DVD package,as well
as a 'making of' DVD by Mike Gordon of Phish.

blimey, he's got a great big Modulus 18 string bass there from the looks of it (5th in from the right) and a Warwick Buzzard (dead centre at the back). The others aren't as interesting or are hard to identify.