Why become a member? ×

STRINGS: the place to go!

Hi there,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to 'big up' [url="http://www.stringbusters.com/"]stringbusters.[/url]

They are easily the fastest and politest company I've dealt with - I placed an order yesterday afternoon, and the strings arrive in the post this morning! P+P is only £1.50 too, so that was quite some postal service!

Before you ask, no this isn't my own company and I don't owe them any favours - they really are just brilliant.

I hope I have influenced you!

Ben
x

I ordered some LaBella flats from them a couple of weeks back (on someone's recommendation, might've been WoT, I forget), turned up 2 days later, no complaints here.

I like the way they just quietly sell strings, efficiently at a good price, and don't feel the need to make a big noise about how important customer service is to them in every paragraph they print - that kind of stuff really irks me now.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='509802' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:24 AM']I like the way they just quietly sell strings, efficiently at a good price, and don't feel the need to make a big noise about how important customer service is to them in every paragraph they print - that kind of stuff really irks me now.[/quote]

I agree, they're so chilled out yet on the ball!

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='512204' date='Jun 12 2009, 03:15 PM'][url="http://www.stringstar.com/"]Stringstar.com[/url] is a brand new site too, seems to be the only UK stockist I can find for Pyramid Gold flats, possibly the most awesomest flats in the world.[/quote]

Quite impressive prices!

And free postage!

Not the greatest selection for bass though, and no offers for buying more than one set!

Good spot BTW!

[quote name='ben_eat_pie' post='512286' date='Jun 12 2009, 04:49 PM']Quite impressive prices!

And free postage!

Not the greatest selection for bass though, and no offers for buying more than one set!

Good spot BTW![/quote]

I just bought some strings from his eBay store, he replied to tell me his site has just gone up. It's a bit bare and lots of categories are empty, but who knows, you might find a bargain on there if you look around. He gave me this discount code which gives 15% off until 10pm Sunday and is open for as many people who want to use it:

[b]stringstar15[/b]

The Pyramid Flats are £40 delivered, which is expensive, but not not bad considering they would cost $72 (£43.74) + P&P to buy them direct from the manufacturer. Plus flats last years so I don't mind splashing out on em!

Edited by dannybuoy

Hello everybody,

My name is John and I run [url="http://www.stringstar.com"]StringStar[/url].

I thought I would pop in say hello and introduce myself.

Dannybouy, thank you for mentioning me here :) I hope your Pyramid Gold arrived in good order?

I would like to invite you all to have a look round my site.

It is new and there is still lots of work to be done. I have a massive stock range so if there is something you don't see, please email me at [email protected] and I will upload it for you.

I stock Pyramid, Elixir, DR, D'Addario, GHS, La Bella, Savarez, Martin, Fender, Gibson, Dunlop, Ernie Ball amongst many many others.

I am one of a limited number of UK dealers who stock RMC Real McCoy wahs by Geoffrey Teese.

I am also the first and [b]only[/b] UK dealer with a Kirk Hammett KH-95 in stock and ready to ship.

All UK shipping is free!!

There is lots to be done and I hope you will enjoy a quick visit. Maybe we will have something of interest for you?

To make your visit that little bit more exciting I have created a promotional voucher code which will get basschat members 15% off all purchases.

BASSCHAT15 is exclusive to basschat members and can be used as many times as you like until Sunday 23.30pm (21st June).

I will also be setting up a permanent offer for you and will post the voucher code here in the next couple of days.

Nice to meet you all.

Regards

John Stockwell
StringStar

Edited by StringStar

Well, I ordered my d'arrdio's the afternoon before and they got delivered in the next morning with the normal post! hehe, The funny thing is that i broke the g string (LOL) putting it on (LOL). So I had to go down to bonners and spend a fiver on an elite spare. argh!! At least I'll never do it again!! xD

I've put about half a dozen orders with Stringbusters (buying 3+ sets usually with each transaction). On the large they've given me amazing service, but there was a single occassion where the strings took a couple of weeks to come through because they had a delayed delivery themselves. They were very prompt at getting a reply to me so that was managed very well.

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for having a look around my website and for making use of your promotional code.

I have just activated another promotional code to give basschat members a 10% saving:

basschat10

It can be used on anything in the shop but it is a single use code valid until 11.30pm on the 30th June.

I am working on multi purchase discounts but larger quantities can be found [url="http://www.stringstar.com/bulk-orders-42-c.asp"]HERE[/url]

More to follow

Regards

[url="http://www.stringstar.com"]StringStar[/url]

[quote name='StringStar' post='521676' date='Jun 23 2009, 01:34 PM']Hi Folks,

Thank you all for having a look around my website and for making use of your promotional code.

I have just activated another promotional code to give basschat members a 10% saving:

basschat10

It can be used on anything in the shop but it is a single use code valid until 11.30pm on the 30th June.

I am working on multi purchase discounts but larger quantities can be found [url="http://www.stringstar.com/bulk-orders-42-c.asp"]HERE[/url]

More to follow

Regards

[url="http://www.stringstar.com"]StringStar[/url][/quote]

Cheers buddy I may have to take you up on that by the end of the week.

Just something to add about Stringbusters:

If you have any queries or issues, in my experience, don't send them an e-mail. I had to get in touch over a bad Labella string and they didn't respond for ages. I then saw someone on here with a similar issue and they were told to ring Stringbusters, not mail. I did this, and IIRC the woman on the phone "kind of" admitted this was the case (to ring not mail).

After I'd called, the usual excellent service I was used to resumed, and I received a replacement string the next morning.

Now I know this, I would definitely use them again.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='521721' date='Jun 23 2009, 02:20 PM']Cheers buddy I may have to take you up on that by the end of the week.[/quote]

Ain't that the truth :)

As has been pointed out before, not much choice yet - not only in terms of string brands but also scale lengths? Will be looking for some medium scale rounds soon.