Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sterling HH

Platypus

Now SOLD and collected

2008 Limited Edition Musicman Sterling HH in Sequoia Gold. Included in the sale is the Musicman hard case in fake lizard skin. Its nicely setup with low action and is quite light at 8.8 Lbs. The combination of twin MM Humbuckers, 5 way pickup selector and 3 band eq make for an extremely versatile bass.

The bass really looks like new and the only blemish and it is a very minor one, is a small hairline crack in the polyester clear coat just by the battery compartment. It is just in the polyester and you do have to look hard to see it.

The bass Gallery is listing these at £1600 new - this one is for sale at £875.

I'm based in Harrow Middx any trial welcome there or you could collect from Windsor berks.
Can send by courier for £25

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='502645' date='May 31 2009, 10:18 PM']Is it a cash sale only, or would you trade for another bass?[/quote]

Yes, just looking for a cash sale on this one..

[quote name='obbm' post='502664' date='May 31 2009, 10:46 PM']I currently have severe GAS for a Sterling 5.

Put my mind at rest and tell me why are you selling?[/quote]

Hi Dave,
Just got a couple of basses more than I need and also have a '91 Stingray that I intend to keep.

[quote name='Platypus' post='502670' date='May 31 2009, 10:54 PM']Hi Dave,
Just got a couple of basses more than I need and also have a '91 Stingray that I intend to keep.[/quote]

Ta muchly.

[quote name='Phil Mann' post='504183' date='Jun 2 2009, 08:40 PM']Hey Paul, shame you're letting this go. Great action, great sound, a fantastic instrument for anyone in the market.

Phil[/quote]

Thanks Phil, I will miss it when it gone....

[quote name='far0n' post='505446' date='Jun 4 2009, 01:19 PM']Do Sterlings suffer from the 'weak G string' like Stingrays ??[/quote]

I think the G on the Sterling is sound !
was hoping someone with an impartial view would happen along.....

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='barryenright2320' post='506776' date='Jun 6 2009, 03:24 AM']I also can concur, the g string on the sterling is lovely. Never had an ounce o trouble with my own.[/quote]

Thanks for the input :)

I've never had any problems with the G strings on my Sterlings, but then I've never heard of Stingrays having that reputation either - It sounds like you might have played a badly set up instrument to me.

Btw, I've played this very Sterling when it belonged to Legion and not only does it look great but it feels and plays great too. Whoever buys it is getting one hell of a bass!

[quote name='Rowbee' post='507231' date='Jun 6 2009, 09:10 PM']I've never had any problems with the G strings on my Sterlings, but then I've never heard of Stingrays having that reputation either - It sounds like you might have played a badly set up instrument to me.[/quote]

It's actually quite a common problem - just don't mention it on the EBMM forums!

[quote name='Waldo' post='507239' date='Jun 6 2009, 09:21 PM']It's actually quite a common problem - just don't mention it on the EBMM forums![/quote]

Really? I've honestly never, ever heard that. But then I don't play Stingrays because I don't like the neck.