Why become a member? ×

NBD…..and gigged it that night

PTB

Posted (edited)

I collected a Nash P bass from @Skin Lewis yesterday lunchtime and thought I’d play it for the first set at yesterday’s gig in Bath. It sounded so good, I carried on til the end and my main bass became my spare. 

I can’t be the only one to get a new bass and gig it immediately surely?

IMG_3235.thumb.jpeg.d87843909b922bfefdc75a4079c671a3.jpegIMG_3234.thumb.jpeg.dc0fff0a0ffd7374a77a87621d87edae.jpeg

Edited by PTB
  • Like 17

Good score there. I’ve done similar, picked up a bass on way to a gig and gigged it straightaway. I found it quite liberating, instead of perfect set up and correct strings it was just play the gig & enjoy it.

• Like 5

I did this on Friday and love to go straight out with a new bass. Best way to find the kinks is to give it a run as it comes! 

Looks like a fantastic gig that! 

21 hours ago, PTB said:

I collected a Nash P bass from @Skin Lewis yesterday lunchtime and thought I’d play it for the first set at yesterday’s gig in Bath. It sounded so good, I carried on til the end and my main bass became my spare. 

IMG_3235.thumb.jpeg.d87843909b922bfefdc75a4079c671a3.jpegIMG_3234.thumb.jpeg.dc0fff0a0ffd7374a77a87621d87edae.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

I once got an Epiphone Jack Casady bass dropped off at the gig by my keys player and I plugged it straight in and used it for the whole gig. No point hanging around is there. 

Well done on finding a practical use for a keys player!

• Haha 5

I met a guy in the car park of a festival to buy a bass. We turned up same time as him, I asked him if it worked and was he really, really, sure and then we walked into the festival and onstage with it. Took it on live TV next morning too as we were playing Soccer AM.

I don't think I actually had another bass for backup as all our rental guitars had just gone back after a tour and it was a travel date so wasn't gonna be home. Luckily it was great and became my main touring bass!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BassAgent said:

Very very nice! We do need photos of that bass, though.

Here they are!

2e4598ec-f123-4c54-bab5-9c28feefd3c7.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

IMG_3134.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 25/05/2024 at 22:01, PTB said:

Did this with my Steinberger when I bought it new an eternity ago. No point having it and not playing it, right?

• Like 1