Why become a member? ×

What’s your home practice setup?

For me it's my basses straight into an EBS NeoDrome 12, or (rarely these days) my basses straight into a small 12-band Yamaha mixing desk with built-in USB audio interface and my KRK V4 Series II active studio monitors for practice where I need to play along with tracks. I'm usually too lazy to put a preamp or DI inbetween, as the direct sound is good enough for practice. I bought my SWR Grand Prix for that goal, but never use it. My PC is ancient and needs replacement, so most of the time it's oldschool through my EBS amp nowadays, without using my PC. 

My missus had been after a conservatory for a while.  I finally agreed when I realised that with soundproof (ish) glass, conservatories make great places for practising.

In spring and autumn I leave a couple of basses in overnight but I can't do that in summer or winter.

I mainly use my GK Legacy into the Super Midget, but sometimes I'll fire up the Fusion S through the Barefaced 10s

IMG_1133.jpeg

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 1

I did a gig last week with a drummer who forgot to pack his snare stand! He spent the night balancing the snare between a stool and the bass drum!  I have a terrible memory, and given half a chance would forget my head. I fixed that by never unpacking my gigging gear at home. I also count 8 boxes/bags into the car and out again.

My permanent home practice gear is 1 or 2 Barefaced One10's, a TH500, whatever bass is at hand and headphones from the laptop. I am thinking of going silent with something like a Palmer Pocket Bass amp.

My ”home setup” is same as my ”gig setup” exept at home I D.I. my amp Pre-EQ to my audio interface and at a gig to P.A. I use a Markbass mini CMD 121 extended with a Standard 121 HR cabinet, placed vertically. That rig gives me more than enough power to any gig. If not, I don’t want to be on that stage. At home I try to match the EQ of the rig to the sound of my studio monitors, I prefer to record my bass listening other tracks trough my monitors and the bass trough the rig. In the photo are my settings to match the sound to my monitors. Of course these settings are completly different at gigs.

IMG_3096.jpeg

On 08/04/2024 at 12:19, BillyBass said:

My missus had been after a conservatory for a while.  I finally agreed when I realised that with soundproof (ish) glass, conservatories make great places for practising.

In spring and autumn I leave a couple of basses in overnight but I can't do that in summer or winter.

I mainly use my GK Legacy into the Super Midget, but sometimes I'll fire up the Fusion S through the Barefaced 10s

IMG_1133.jpeg

Do you have curtains or blinds ? I would not leave nice stuff on show like that 

at least not around these parts 

3 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Do you have curtains or blinds ? I would not leave nice stuff on show like that 

at least not around these parts 

No, there are no curtains or blinds.  When both of us are out of the house I take the heads out and hide them somewhere else in the house.  The conservatory is out the back though, so you would have to walk into my garden to see in, and I do have cameras.

• Like 1