Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4005V

AndyTravis

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Ah yeah, the pointy one is a very limited run for the 90th anniversary of Ric - hence the "boutique" price. Allegedly the new (long scale) 4005V is supposed to slot in as a standard offering... it cannot be standard at that price lol

Also goes totally against what ive heard dealers in the US taking preorders around the $4K mark - would actually be cheaper to buy a flight to Santa Ana, pick it up from the factory and take it home at that price! 👨‍✈️

45 minutes ago, Stag said:

Ah yeah, the pointy one is a very limited run for the 90th anniversary of Ric - hence the "boutique" price. Allegedly the new (long scale) 4005V is supposed to slot in as a standard offering... it cannot be standard at that price lol

Also goes totally against what ive heard dealers in the US taking preorders around the $4K mark - would actually be cheaper to buy a flight to Santa Ana, pick it up from the factory and take it home at that price! 👨‍✈️

A scout of reverb was showing one of these at $4180 (or so) preorder in the us. 

Not that I was looking. 

👀

Edited by Kowad
  • Like 1

A dealer here ive used before thought based on the RRP hes been quoted by the distributor that the UK price will be £5999/£6299, so this isnt far off the mark.

But at that price I am most definitely OUT. Its a crazy price for what they are intending to be a standard offering in the model list.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 17:27, miles'tone said:

Yes but then they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand (I expect).

Even if they could, they wouldn't; they like to control supply. And I'm pretty sure every Rick that leaves the factory is already paid for.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a quick look round at how prices vary for these. 

Some dealers price them around the £5.5k mark whereas some other well known dealers want £7k. I'd like to think they are this price so they have lots of room to discount even at around the £5.5k mark  

I'd be interested to see how much they go for at Bass Direct or Thomann if they stock it. 

• Like 1