Why become a member? ×

Post your latest pedal

MM Stingray 62

3 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

This cheap little thing, eats a bit of low end but sounds just like plugging into an old Marshall. Sounds like heaven with a single-coil Precision.

20231018_213428.jpg

I guess if you have it on as "always on" you can always eq the low back in

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

I guess if you have it on as "always on" you can always eq the low back in

To some extent, yes. I run it in front of whatever preamp pedal I'm using at the time and crank the lows on that fair bit.

I only use it at home so it's not much of an issue anyway. 

• Like 3

It’s been my grail pedal since it was released. I used the regular version for many tours but I’ve finally got my hands on the Pro.

Easily one for the best pedals I’ve ever used. I’ve been messing with it daily for a month now and I’m in constant awe.

IMG_7724.jpeg

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

It’s been my grail pedal since it was released. I used the regular version for many tours but I’ve finally got my hands on the Pro.

Easily one for the best pedals I’ve ever used. I’ve been messing with it daily for a month now and I’m in constant awe.

IMG_7724.jpeg

What does it do?!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

What does it do?!

What doesn’t it do! Ha.

At its core it’s a distortion pedal and bitcrusher, but allows for incredible manipulation of the signal by slamming it into one of a bazillion wave tables. This Pro version also has saveable patches that can be recalled. Multiple expression control and a blend (which the original badly needed).

It’s basically a noise makers dream come true with near unlimited noisy, digitalised, overdriven and low fi sounds, as well as really great drive and bit crushing/sample rate reduction tones.

Edited by pantherairsoft
  • Like 8

38 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

What doesn’t it do! Ha.

At its core it’s a distortion pedal and bitcrusher, but allows for incredible manipulation of the signal by slamming it into one of a bazillion wave tables. This Pro version also has saveable patches that can be recalled. Multiple expression control and a blend (which the original badly needed).

It’s basically a noise makers dream come true with near unlimited noisy, digitalised, overdriven and low fi sounds, as well as really great drive and bit crushing/sample rate reduction tones.

Sounds pretty feckin awesome! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pantherairsoft said:

What doesn’t it do! Ha.

I understand some of that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, pantherairsoft said:

IMG_7724.jpeg

I'm only aware of this thanks to eurorack! I have a few WMD bits upstairs (but not one of these. Which I still don't fully understand 😂)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kowad said:

I'm only aware of this thanks to eurorack! I have a few WMD bits upstairs (but not one of these. Which I still don't fully understand 😂)

Will makes some pretty special pieces. Looks like the pedal line is a thing of the past though :(

I used to own a Super Fat Man as well, which was bonkers. I blow up a pair of EBS 115s with that at a gig! Always fancied the Protostar that replaced it. One day maybe.

• Like 2

Stone Deaf PDF-1X.  I LOVE this thing. 

https://www.pedalempire.com.au/products/stone-deaf-pdf-1x-ltd-edition-mcbess-artwork

My basic setup - HPF/comp/Octave > STONEDEAF > Dirt section > rest of the board.

My main use right now is an EQ adjustment from my main tone to kick in and out, with the "dirt" footswitch giving me a boost for big sections.

The ability to use this thing for anything from EQ adjustments, boost/cut, notch-filter, cocked-wah etc. It's a ripper of a pedal, but does have a learning curve, so I'd be reluctant to bring it to a gig without getting to know it first. I've currently got it on my guitar-board, but I feel it's going onto my gig/bass-board soon.

• Like 1

I just got this back from Soundgas who have converted it to true bypass, if that counts? 

@MM Stingray 62 interested to hear how you're getting on with the Haz Mutron. The two compare very closely, I reckon the Musitroncs has the edge in down mode and perhaps has a juicier treble range, but the Haz has(!) some great features as standard (like true bypass) and has a slightly quicker attack, I think. I love them both.

IMG_8112.jpeg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ped said:

I just got this back from Soundgas who have converted it to true bypass, if that counts? 

@MM Stingray 62 interested to hear how you're getting on with the Haz Mutron. The two compare very closely, I reckon the Musitroncs has the edge in down mode and perhaps has a juicier treble range, but the Haz has(!) some great features as standard (like true bypass) and has a slightly quicker attack, I think. I love them both.

IMG_8112.jpeg

I’m really impressed with it the pedal is really easy to dial in the sound I like. I still unsure if I’m going to use it as my main filter pedal. I really like the sounds I can get from my 3 leaf audio GR2 but it’s nice to have both.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bleat said:

Not an effect exactly, but it is a pedal and it is my latest thing! Much more affordable than the urine extracting price that Boss charge for an LS-2, and does the same thing.

20240229_174632.jpg

What is “A/B/Out”?

Edit to say: I’ve worked it out! It is late…, kind of.

Edited by mike f
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mike f said:

What is “A/B/Out”?

Edit to say: I’ve worked it out! It is late…, kind of.

A/B Out is just a line switcher. Sends the signal but doesn't return it. i only need it for clean signal mixing though .😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@SumOne had a good play around with the HX One last night through my headphone amp using my fretless, after the kind help of others on the forum helping me get my head around getting them to work together! 

The Chorus and Pitch Shift I enjoyed most, loads of different parameters you can mess with, right the way through to synths, the Wah's didn't work through the headphones, not sure why. Distortions and overdrives were great although I'm not a real aficianado when it comes to those but enjoyed the Valve ones the most. Compressors and EQ presets were really effective too. Hope that's not too rambly and jumbled for you. Next is to try it out in anger through a rig!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any pictures of my exact actual units, but these two makes up my most recent pedal purchase (ordered and delivered at the same time) :

DigiTech FreqOut :

image.thumb.png.ee1bbffdb9f0e3b08ecc25b8cd56b0a8.png

Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay (Boss DM-3 Analog Delay clone) :

image.thumb.png.d4dd0dd5e0028a58263a3359eeb849c2.png

Both amazing pedals.

And the Behringer is just astonishing value for the money, a genuine all analog delay that sounds absolutely gorgeous (mind though that it only got 300ms as max delay time).

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I don't have any pictures of my exact actual units, but these two makes up my most recent pedal purchase (ordered and delivered at the same time) :

DigiTech FreqOut :

image.thumb.png.ee1bbffdb9f0e3b08ecc25b8cd56b0a8.png

Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay (Boss DM-3 Analog Delay clone) :

image.thumb.png.d4dd0dd5e0028a58263a3359eeb849c2.png

Both amazing pedals.

And the Behringer is just astonishing value for the money, a genuine all analog delay that sounds absolutely gorgeous (mind though that it only got 300ms as max delay time).

Apparently you can pop the Behringer open and adjust the delay time. I wish I'd known that before I gave mine away 😄

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Apparently you can pop the Behringer open and adjust the delay time. I wish I'd known that before I gave mine away 😄

You can, but it will effect the quality of the sound of the repeats (which might or might not be desired).

Personally I was fully aware of the short maximum delay time when I bought the pedal, and planed to use it as such (that is more as an ambient effect than a rhythmic delay effect).

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

You can, but it will effect the quality of the sound of the repeats (which might or might not be desired).

Personally I was fully aware of the short maximum delay time when I bought the pedal, and planed to use it as such (that is more as an ambient effect than a rhythmic delay effect).

Fair enough 😁

For me, a delay has to at least be able to Brighton Rock to be useful.

• Like 1

My new Triungulo Barbanera arrived yesterday. It’s such a good pedal. I had one before but swapped it for, would you believe it, a Cog pedal with a Star Wars picture. It took me all of three days to order a new one. I believe this one has a new trimmer inside too although I’ve not opened it to check yet.

IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.b2e3f12b69817c78358c36aa6430a9ab.jpeg

I also placed an order for an FEA Labs Opti-FET this morning as my waiting list number came up.

• Like 3