Why become a member? ×

Modulus Quantum Fretless

bigthumb

[quote name='gbm' post='495126' date='May 22 2009, 01:08 PM']Sorry I am new here, but isn't it considered bad form to cast aspersions on stuff being sold in this way?[/quote]

Hello Bass Ferret - you're not exactly new are you? Isn't it considered bad form to be doing what you're doing here?

[quote name='Scoop' post='495699' date='May 23 2009, 01:01 AM']What would you describe this as? A bit of banter?

Bang out of order on CK's part if you ask me, site owner or not.

Oh, is that me now on the potential ban-list? Gosh![/quote]

Which one of your heros is on a ban list then?

[quote name='Hamster' post='495849' date='May 23 2009, 10:18 AM']Which one of your heros is on a ban list then?[/quote]

No-one so far as I'm aware. I don't have heroes. Isn't goading members also a bannable offence?

I'd expect better from a Global Moderator.

I'd be interested in seeing the Terms of Service governing moderators of the board, if you wouldn't mind.

That is, of course, presuming it's different from the Terms, which govern lowly board members.

[quote name='AM1' post='496110' date='May 23 2009, 04:09 PM']I'd be interested in seeing the Terms of Service governing moderators of the board, if you wouldn't mind.

That is, of course, presuming it's different from the Terms, which govern lowly board members.[/quote]

No it's all the same ! If you feel a moderator has stepped out of line then please let a more senior moderator know :). If the person has no senior then I can only suggest that erm... i'll get back to you :rolleyes:.

A misunderstanding I think. If kiwi knew his post was going to be reacted to like this I think he would be the first to re word his queries/questions but as he is on the way to the other side of the world I guess he hasn't seen his pms (presuming the OP messaged kiwi)

I would be interested to hear the 'scoop' on this unusual bass all the same. Pm me if you would like this thread 'cleaned up'

Cheers
Ped

Frankly i didnt see anything wrong with the bottom horn, but also nothing really wrong with Kiwis post, I glanced over it. Didnt seem amiss. I have had far worse things said about my basses and i didnt blink an eye and no one got in trouble for it. But because Kiwi said it, its "the worst thing to happen in the world omfg".

Also i believe Bass_ferret should really give up. The comments he mostly makes under his "New" accounts, are there to undermine BC and to further the rift between BC and FB.

Though what i will say is that i dont believe basschat members make underhand comments and undermine users or moderators on Finnbass.com, so why do finnbassers decide to do it here? Its an internet forum for christsakes. (It may seem biased from a BC moderator, but this what it appears to me (Though i could be wrong)).

I think its childish for this issue to have come up.

I dont see why the whole basschat/finnbass thing has to spill over in the public arena as its a childish way of having an argument, regardless of who started what and when. Supposedly grown men and women from both BC and FB bickering is a disgrace whether its in an overt or covert form.

What i will say in Finn's defense, was that i was not banned or blocked from Finnbass when i became a moderator here. Finn has been to my flat, and hes a really nice guy.

I just wish i didnt have to put in the middle of two sets of friends. Both sets of friends have made mistakes in the past and rash decisions. But i dont see how these mistakes have anything to do with this thread or even present day.

Anyway, rant over.

Either way, the Op has a lovely bass. I wish i had the money to buy it!

EDIT:[b] Furthermore, if anyone has a problem with my post above, dont post here, PM me. Which would be the most mature thing to do when someone has a problem with someones posts [/b] (Or alternatively PM me on Finnbass. Same username.)

Considering the bass has now been withdrawn, i will now close this thread.

[quote name='bigthumb' post='495772' date='May 23 2009, 07:31 AM']I'm sorry to bump this back to the top but I do feel compelled to post.

I did withdraw the bass due to CK's comments. Now by no means am I any expert on Moduli so I cannot say he is wrong or not but if anybody (especially somebody in his position) that posts a comment about a body/neck issue it would certainly give me doubts about buying it. Now I'm sure that discrediting the bass or the sale of the bass was not CK's intention but a casual comment from a fellow bassist but like I said it might put somebody off buying it.

I priced it for what I thought would be a quick sale as I didn't really need a fretless and I have bills to settle but I wasn't prepared to drop the price any further. I've been in touch with The Gallery who are now going to get it fretted and I'll probably keep it. :)

Cheers.

Paul[/quote]
Paul, I'm sorry for making those comments. For what its worth, they were intended to be a little harmless banter. As a previous owner of two Modulus Quantums myself, the earlier body shape on your instrument was new to me so please read the comments in that context. If you had PM'd me to say you felt those comments were undermining your sale, I would have been only too happy to edit the post. Certainly wasn't my intention to make the forum more difficult for you to use! I'll be more careful in future.

However, no surprises in seeing the usual suspects take the thread over and use it to further their own personal agendas.