Why become a member? ×

New Zoom Multi FX: the MS-60B+

Rich

15 hours ago, JohnDaBass said:

Do we know if the MS 60+ talk is  Tonelib and  Zoom Guitar lab?

Tonelib doesn't support the B6 or B2-Four yet and there doesn't seem to be any response from them on the subject - they're a commercial operation and Tonelib-Zoom is freeware so they might not feel any great impetus to update it. Zoom GuitarLab was last updated in 2022. I think Zoom have just lost a sale.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Saying 14 weeks when I clicked on the Bax website! Which ties in with Zoom saying the pedal will ship in July. Liking the £135 though. But not getting the thinking behind making the patch editor only available on iOS ☹️

This is something I've been complaining about ever since the Zoom MS-100BT which only had an iOS app. Zoom are ignoring the majority of smartphones and tablets.

22 hours ago, tauzero said:

This is something I've been complaining about ever since the Zoom MS-100BT which only had an iOS app. Zoom are ignoring the majority of smartphones and tablets.

There's a slightly cryptic comment in the recent Guitar World review: "the versatile stompbox can be paired with Zoom's Guitar Lab app for iOS (the Apple equivalent is coming soon)".  Not sure what is being hinted at by 'the Apple equivalent is coming soon'?

I think I’ll get this. Coming back to bass i realised i sold off my BDDI. I like that the 60B+ has a BDDI with more Mid freq’s selectable. Even more than the real thing. If i only use it for this its still over £100 cheaper. I do stil have my original 60B, and a B1 Four, which ill use until i can get the 60B+

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I think I’ll get this. Coming back to bass i realised i sold off my BDDI. I like that the 60B+ has a BDDI with more Mid freq’s selectable. Even more than the real thing. If i only use it for this its still over £100 cheaper. I do stil have my original 60B, and a B1 Four, which ill use until i can get the 60B+

Ooooh

Zoom Fanbois R Us 🤣😂🤣😂

( B1 Four x2 + B6 owner)

Edited by JohnDaBass
  • Haha 1

I asked Zoom EU the other day if there are plans to update Guitar Lib for B2 Four compatability, and also whether an Android version of the app would be coming soon, and this was the reply:

As we know Guitar Lab will not be opened for the B2. Only Handy Guitar Lab for B2 can handle this at the moment, unfortunately we are not informed if an Android version is planned.

We currently don´t have any information about the plans for updates and follow ups.

I'd say it sounds like they're ditching the whole thing, as someone else said, it hasn't been updated for a few years, and none of the newer models can interface with it. 

Whether this means they're working on something else better is anybody's guess (reviews for the iOS app are pretty poor).

Edited by TRBboy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Does the B2 Four work with ToneLib?

Unlikely but worth a try...

No - v4.3.1 is the most recent version, supporting G1(X) Four, B1(X) Four, G5n, G3(X)n, B3n, G1(X)on, B1(X)on, MS-50G, MS-60B, MS-70CDR.

12 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Gone off this now lol. Most likely get the B2 Four as i would prefer to be able to switch individual FX on and off, plus the USB interface will be really handy. 

As long as you've got iOS to program it with, or be prepared to spend hours knob twiddling.

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

As long as you've got iOS to program it with, or be prepared to spend hours knob twiddling.

Always prefer to get to know the unit as much as i can, so not interested in the software side that much. Never used it with Helix or other Xoom products. 
I’ve always needed to tweak things at gigs so need to know how and do it quickly. I wouldn’t bother with any app in a live situation. 
I’m pretty quick at picking these things up. I’d be up and running quickly as my needs aren’t too much, plus i already know what i need. Just a few effects with a BDDI running before them. 

Yeah, similarly I guess I'm just going to have to get adept at editing on the pedal itself and, fingers crossed it won't be too painful!

I'm hopeful that this is going to be a decent step up in processing power/sound quality from my B1-4. I do love the compact form factor and combining with a little midi pedal may further enhance its live use.

15 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yeah, similarly I guess I'm just going to have to get adept at editing on the pedal itself and, fingers crossed it won't be too painful!

I'm hopeful that this is going to be a decent step up in processing power/sound quality from my B1-4. I do love the compact form factor and combining with a little midi pedal may further enhance its live use.

Spec wise I’d much prefer the new Boss one that came out recently, i especially like the battery option, but it looks bigger than i really want. It needs to fit in the front pocket of my gig bag. 

13 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Spec wise I’d much prefer the new Boss one that came out recently, i especially like the battery option, but it looks bigger than i really want. It needs to fit in the front pocket of my gig bag. 

Which Boss multifx are you referring to?

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

I’ve lost track of all these threads and who’s getting what.  So you are getting the B2-four as well?

13 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I’ve lost track of all these threads and who’s getting what.  So you are getting the B2-four as well?

This is the MS-60B+ thread, the clue's in the title 😁

I'm planning on getting the MS-60B+ (as you were on Sunday evening apparently?) which is basically a cut down B2-4, in stomp box size, which will be easy to incorporate as part of a pedal board but maybe with a little midi pedal for live use.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

This is the MS-60B+ thread, the clue's in the title 😁

I'm planning on getting the MS-60B+ (as you were on Sunday evening apparently?) which is basically a cut down B2-4, in stomp box size, which will be easy to incorporate as part of a pedal board but maybe with a little midi pedal for live use.

No, i know what thread im in, but i was taking about getting B2 instead of the MS60+ in one post, and i got replies from that post. 

The MS60+ seemed attractive at first, but for not a lot more the B2 offers more foot switches. If the  B1 four had another foot switch I’d probably keep with that.

im not incorporating it with anything else, so this will just be my only source of silly noises and self indulgence lol. 

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to getting one of these.

I know next to nothing about MIDI- are there any simple, cheapish 2 button switches that should work with this and help with easy preset switching, or is it a case of buying hosts and expensive units to get that side of the pedal working?

3 hours ago, Jackopie1 said:

I'm really looking forward to getting one of these.

I know next to nothing about MIDI- are there any simple, cheapish 2 button switches that should work with this and help with easy preset switching, or is it a case of buying hosts and expensive units to get that side of the pedal working?

I made one for under £20 - it depends how you feel about soldering and drilling boxes.

5 hours ago, tauzero said:

I made one for under £20 - it depends how you feel about soldering and drilling boxes.

That sounds great - would you mind pointing me in the direction of the kit or guide you used, please? Thanks.

5 hours ago, Jackopie1 said:

That sounds great - would you mind pointing me in the direction of the kit or guide you used, please? Thanks.

Edited by tauzero
  • Thanks 1

On 23/04/2024 at 15:10, dave_bass5 said:

No, i know what thread im in, but i was taking about getting B2 instead of the MS60+ in one post, and i got replies from that post. 

The MS60+ seemed attractive at first, but for not a lot more the B2 offers more foot switches. If the  B1 four had another foot switch I’d probably keep with that.

im not incorporating it with anything else, so this will just be my only source of silly noises and self indulgence lol. 

I think you may be right about the MS-60B+ !

Compared to the B1-4:

- the MS-60B+ has got 6 slots per patch (one more than the B1-4), 100 patch memories (vs 50 on the B1-4); better processor & upgraded sims, ability to send a split signal to PA (e.g. with cab sim) and to amp (e.g. with no cab sim), more compact form factor;

- the B1-4 has drum machine, basic looper, headphone capability, aux in and ability to edit using PC compatible software - all features I make use of and would miss. On top of all that it's ridiculously good value.

• Like 1