Why become a member? ×

New Zoom Multi FX: the MS-60B+

Rich

Yeah, they’ve basically solved all my issues with the older models with this.

Dedicated master volume is a big plus.

I’d still like to see the full fx list of the new 60b+ but I’m leaning CDR.

Just have to sell my existing MS’s (all 3 of them) 😅🙄

1 hour ago, tayste_2000 said:

Yeah, they’ve basically solved all my issues with the older models with this.

Dedicated master volume is a big plus.

I’d still like to see the full fx list of the new 60b+ but I’m leaning CDR.

Just have to sell my existing MS’s (all 3 of them) 😅🙄

if you search 50g vs 50g+ there's a series of YouTube videos where someone in Japan (I guess) has compared the sounds on each... 
He ended up selling the 50g+ and keeping the 50g! 

15 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

if you search 50g vs 50g+ there's a series of YouTube videos where someone in Japan (I guess) has compared the sounds on each... 

Mmmm, that's interesting. Does go into much details why, does he compare like for like and there's a noticeable difference?

8 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Mmmm, that's interesting. Does go into much details why, does he compare like for like and there's a noticeable difference?

said some of the features were missing. Mind you he had added extra effects onto his 50g so maybe the hacked 50g does more than a stock 50g+?

• Like 2

If the new '+' models have an upgraded chip set, that extra DSP is going to win through in the end. There's been very few times when older processing related hardware has held it's own against more modern kit. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

There was another YT video where someone asked what the point of the MS-50G+ was - the issue being that it doesn't have any amp sims in it. Preamp sims, yes, but not amp/cab sims.

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

There was another YT video where someone asked what the point of the MS-50G+ was - the issue being that it doesn't have any amp sims in it. Preamp sims, yes, but not amp/cab sims.

He does go on (and on!) about where to put this pedal in the chain - overthinking things, lol!

But finally says something useful at 2.40 when he comments "currently, as far as the actual models themselves go, I'm a lot more impressed with this than I was the MS-50G"

So to answer his question, I'd maybe suggest that's why this pedal exists 😅

• Haha 1

I'm not fussed with amp and cab Sims, just effects, so sounds like it'll be just the ticket. Still in a quandary over whether this or the B2 Four would better suit my needs, and at the same time I'm still trialling the B1 Four 😅

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

He does go on (and on!) about where to put this pedal in the chain - overthinking things, lol!

But finally says something useful at 2.40 when he comments "currently, as far as the actual models themselves go, I'm a lot more impressed with this than I was the MS-50G"

Is it really that difficult for him? It’s a multi effects unit that has most the effect types that every multi effect unit this millennium has had. 
they have split their line so can sim and irs are a different product, but that shouldn’t bother him as he says that’s only a small number of users… 

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

TBH, I didn't get that far into the video. I just watched enough to see what his gripe was. The MS-50G has over 20 amp sims so it does seem reasonable to think that the G+ would have some too. As @LukeFRC says, there will be an IR pedal (MS-80IR+) which means Zoom will be able to sell twice as many pedals to those who want amp sims as well as effects, although if the aftermarket utility that allows you to move effects to pedals that they weren't originally intended for can be made to work on the Plus range, that can be overcome.

• 5 weeks later...

"The MS-60B+ allows you to split output signals. This allows you to output with Amps/IR’s to a PA, while simultaneously outputting without Amps/IR’s to your amplifier."

That's very neat!

27 minutes ago, tayste_2000 said:

I’m leaning the 70CDR+ just rather have the weird fx over the amp sims.

But it’s all a great set of improvements over the older model (of which I have 3 😅)

I still want to hear a comparison or something where someone goes "yeah it sounds better"

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

I still want to hear a comparison or something where someone goes "yeah it sounds better"

It’s got USB C and easier to use foot buttons, as long as it doesn’t sound worse 😅 I’m good

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Bax have the MS60B+ listed at £143, link to the listing is down but still visible if you look under Zoom bass effects:

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/bass-multi-effects-pedals/zoom

Thanks - I don't trust the "delivery within 8 days" though. Going to wait until they have it in stock.

I paid £104 for a new MS-60B when they first came out in 2013, which would be around £160 in today's money, so this doesn't feel all that bad given that it's saving me getting a Helix Stomp 😄

2 hours ago, JohnDaBass said:

Do we know if the MS 60+ talk is  Tonelib and  Zoom Guitar lab?

All I can find is "Handy Guitar Lab App for iOS"  which isn't going to be great for us who have PC / Android. Hmmm...that could be a real downer / potential deal breaker. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Thanks - I don't trust the "delivery within 8 days" though. Going to wait until they have it in stock.

I paid £104 for a new MS-60B when they first came out in 2013, which would be around £160 in today's money, so this doesn't feel all that bad given that it's saving me getting a Helix Stomp 😄

I picked up my MS60b for £50not so long ago purely to use as a tuner and preamp for when I take my SInsonido out of the house. I wish it could drive headphones properly. There's a simple mod you can do to make the 2nd output stereo so a basic rechargeable headphone amp would work, can't see a headphone out on the new one unfortunately.

19 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Bax have the MS60B+ listed at £143, link to the listing is down but still visible if you look under Zoom bass effects:

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/bass-multi-effects-pedals/zoom

Also listed at Thomann: https://www.thomann.de/gb/zoom_multi_stomp_ms_60b_590550.htm - £138 plus a tenner shipping, availability listed as "on request".

The Bax listing now says "Delivery within approx 15 workdays" and it's down to £135.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Also listed at Thomann: https://www.thomann.de/gb/zoom_multi_stomp_ms_60b_590550.htm - £138 plus a tenner shipping, availability listed as "on request".

The Bax listing now says "Delivery within approx 15 workdays" and it's down to £135.

Saying 14 weeks when I clicked on the Bax website! Which ties in with Zoom saying the pedal will ship in July. Liking the £135 though. But not getting the thinking behind making the patch editor only available on iOS ☹️