• lurksalot
    • Leonard Smalls
    • wolfram
    • Doctor J
    • SH73
    • upside downer
    • MoonBassAlpha

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/24 at 00:01

The start of another year of Basschat music making, looking forward to it already.

Congratulations to Skankdelvar on his excellent victorious cover for the December challenge, but the honour of the picture choice for January fell to 

@AndyTravis, who won the November challenge, and he gave us this picture ...

'There we go…a nice cheery image for new year 😂'

image.png.5fcd41491437a67e56e27625069e0a31.png

So that's it then , it's time to listen to the entries and vote for your favourite 3 

1 @AndyTravis  “You’ll be sorry” - basically just the idea of Technology being introduced into everything…       Will it take over?

2 lurksalot     Happy families , I was hoping for a slight edge to it , but it's come out as a wholesome waltz!

3 @Leonard Smalls   

I thought I'd celebrate Albert Hoffman's Bicycle Day a bit early this year 😁😎☠️      In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed, I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. 

4 @Wolfram    Ok, here is my horribly unfinished entry - I'm out of time - away for work next week, flying early tomorrow. Imagine this with vocoded robot voice musing on not losing sight of having fun and letting life pulse by mechanically - being more like the children in the photo than the adults.

@Doctor J   The disintegration of the family unit due to overindulgence in technological quick highs can only be stopped by those who truly value and embrace the human experience... or forget to charge their phones.

6 @SH73  What a shame , a brilliant picture, but will have to leave this one out, not enough time in a day. Unless a 30 seconds intro I started would suffice. Rather than watching rubbish on telly or having an early night, here we go.

7 @upside downer   Robot holds kids to ransom and maniac father tries to pay the droid off with an unsuitable offering then threatens violence to the droid who just wants a bit of TLC, or something like that. Warning! Puntastic Chili Peppers outro lyric!

8 @MoonBassAlpha  Robots in the picture looking liverish after Christmas. A bit of dubby electronica should cheer them up!

There we are then, a quality bunch of tracks that really fit the brief and a great start to the year .

Vote for your favourite 3 

Voting will close at midnight on 31st January 

enjoy

Lurks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A drummer/producer mate of mine has developed quite a flair for writing trip hop stuff; for his most recent piece he wanted to write about AI and thought it might be interesting to get AI to write lyrics about itself. Imagine his alarm when the lyric it produced had a chorus refrain that went:

It's a ticking time bomb

Just a ticking time bomb

As ever, I remain in awe of you guys,  coming up with good original stuff month after month. I'd be ecstatic if I could do it just once. 

• Like 2