Why become a member? ×

Transport Help Please…….

Hi BC Gang,

Happy New Year. I require some help if at all possible. There a bass cabinet that I would love to buy, but it’s based in Blyth, Northumberland and I’m based in Penarth, South Wales. 

I wonder if there are any BC’ers based in and around Blyth that travel to the Midlands for whatever reason? If so, and you find yourself having to travel to the Midlands, could we possibly chat about collecting said cabinet, and meeting me so I can collect it please? I will of course cover some costs incurred plus, buy you a coffee and bun when we meet, plus have my eternal gratitude.

I know it’s a long shot, but I’ve tried delivery companies and the cheapest so far is £148, and for me, it’s a 12 hour round trip so quite cost prohibitive too. 

Thanks for reading, and take care. Cheers, Matt

Just now, mattbass6 said:

Hi, yes I did. Came in at £148. Thanks for the reply. Appreciated

Wow. I must admit the initial prices are always high and then you get the "reasonable" prices as they all start undercutting each other but that quote seems really high.

Will non of the major delivery companies,DPD, DHL etc., do the job?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

Wow. I must admit the initial prices are always high and then you get the "reasonable" prices as they all start undercutting each other but that quote seems really high.

Will non of the major delivery companies,DPD, DHL etc., do the job?

I only got one quote 👀😂

might be worth talking to @walshy he's not in Blyth but isn't that far away (certainly easy enough to get a cab to Hexham from Blyth) I know he is mainly shipping Basses but i'm guessing he has a good courier service available and may be able to help or at least advise.

It  might be worth giving some details of the cab that needs moving, size and weight might be a factor for some

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Matt P said:

might be worth talking to @walshy he's not in Blyth but isn't that far away (certainly easy enough to get a cab to Hexham from Blyth) I know he is mainly shipping Basses but i'm guessing he has a good courier service available and may be able to help or at least advise.

It  might be worth giving some details of the cab that needs moving, size and weight might be a factor for some

Yup I can do that easily enough and my courier can arrange delivery too. Fire me a DM if I can help or ring Tim direct 07873 401907 and tell him I gave you his number

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, walshy said:

Yup I can do that easily enough and my courier can arrange delivery too. Fire me a DM if I can help or ring Tim direct 07873 401907 and tell him I gave you his number

Tim is a thoroughly lovely chap, I have used his services a few times and it has always been a pleasure.

• Like 3

Something that might be worth considering, see if you can get a cheap travelodge or something. Drive, grab cab, sleep, drive home. 

I’ve done that for grabbing some gear. And the dog. If you have a partner, take them with and have a wee jonty! My wife quite enjoyed the days out.