Why become a member? ×

NW Bass Bash 2024 - Sat May 18th

rwillett

5 minutes ago, rwillett said:

My daughter asked me to say "Thanks for the generous donations to Craven Wildlife Rescue".

You kindly donated £51 and Thebe is very happy. The money will go on rescuing owls and hedgehogs. Owls apparently are quite expensive to feed 😊 Booths don't sell dead mice and other stuff like that. Peter Can you sort this out please?

Given all the owls that are utilised for letter and parcel delivery in the Harry Potter books, surely there will be at least one Dead Mice R Us shop in Diagon Alley?

• Like 1

@LukeFRC yeah already tried Lidl for owl and hedgehog food. They were out of that, they did have a special offer on scorpions for mongoose owners, as well as 300kg of fish for sea lions, but nothing on owls. 

On the upside, I did get a great deal from Lidl on a portable crane for taking car engines out and a concrete mixer. 

• Haha 1

I'll echo what the others have said. Thanks so much to @rwillett for organising, and him and his family for taking care of us so well on the day. 

I had a fantastic time meeting everyone, and trying out all sorts of gear from the classic to the esoteric. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rwillett said:

My daughter asked me to say "Thanks for the generous donations to Craven Wildlife Rescue".

You kindly donated £51 and Thebe is very happy. The money will go on rescuing owls and hedgehogs. Owls apparently are quite expensive to feed 😊 Booths don't sell dead mice and other stuff like that. Peter Can you sort this out please?

There must get be some in the warehouse. 

Well that's me back up the road in Aberdeen.  First things first, thanks so much to @rwillett for organising this bash, I think it was a great success and I hope it carries on.  Thanks also to Rob's family for helping behind the scenes, for feeding us pizza and delicious cakes/treats.

Great to meet old friends and make some new ones.  Highlights for me were reacquainting myself with my first ever bass (the Epiphone EB-3), giving a BackBeat a go, playing a bass that cost twice what my car cost me, and checking out Rob's 3D printed instruments.

I took some pics, all of gear I think, I'll get 'em up shortly

All the best to you, and here's to a very successful bash!

Slàinte mhath!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, rwillett said:

IMG_2565.thumb.jpeg.56978943d23c65def0c1ee52cc781e18.jpeg

Only just noticed @ossyrocks has a cup of tea in hand, I have a memory that he only ever put a cup down to pick a bass up :) The moment the bass went down, a cup of tea magically appeared in his hand.

• Like 2

Oh bloody hell, this looks glorious.

And I bloody forgot to post the BC lanyards up to @rwillett as I noticed too late on Saturday morning... Ach well, hoping it was successful enough that there will be another one when I can arrive with votive gifts as well as cake!

• Like 1

I was a fun day!

thsnks to @rwillett for inviting us to your lovely village - I thought it was a lovely day and good to meet some new people. See guys like @sifi2112 and @GreeneKing again and Folk like @neepheid who I’ve been reading their comments and seeing them as an authority who’s opinions I trust for years now!

….

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Folk like @neepheid who I’ve been reading their comments and seeing them as an authority who’s opinions I trust for years now!

Ahh, now see that's where you've been going wrong all this time :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rwillett said:

Only just noticed @ossyrocks has a cup of tea in hand, I have a memory that he only ever put a cup down to pick a bass up :) The moment the bass went down, a cup of tea magically appeared in his hand.

As I have already said, without tea, I might die. I’m a Lancashire Lad, and I’ve been brought up never to decline a cup of tea. I think I made two or three pots on the day, in addition to those made by others. The plentiful supply of tea made my day very enjoyable indeed. 

I was slightly stunned when my Cumbrian wife declined a cup of tea after walking in from the Limestone Walk. But, it seems that a beer was more important. It was warm. 

• Like 1

Well, I don't know if I'm the first to buy something as a result of something learned/discovered at the bash, but I've just snagged a Lekato WS-70 UHF wireless kit for £30 on eBay.

@GreeneKing it's mainly your fault (for giving me a go of your Lekato kit) but there are other culprits who were wandering around wirelessly.  Thank you, you gits! :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, neepheid said:

Well, I don't know if I'm the first to buy something as a result of something learned/discovered at the bash, but I've just snagged a Lekato WS-70 UHF wireless kit for £30 on eBay.

@GreeneKing it's mainly your fault (for giving me a go of your Lekato kit) but there are other culprits who were wandering around wirelessly.  Thank you, you gits! :D

"One of us! One of us!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/05/2024 at 18:59, LukeFRC said:

well that was a fun day! 

I only took this photo of the cab shootout as I thought @stevie would enjoy

IMG_0862.thumb.jpeg.1ed3339dcc7cc67808cb1e40e817d3fa.jpeg

It's good to hear that the Basschat DIY design is still spanking the bottoms of much more expensive designs.

This sounds like the beginnings of a regular event. If so, I'll try and get up there to take part next year.

This looks ace. I am well-jel that I couldn't even entertain going. Used to live in Halifax, now down the road south of Manchester. Been to Clapham on my way up to the Lakes or Peaks. Lovely bit of the world. mm basses.