Why become a member? ×

NW Bass Bash 2024 - Sat May 18th

rwillett

8 minutes ago, rwillett said:

Thanks to everyone who came today. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it

A very enjoyable day indeed. Thanks for organising Rob, and thanks to you and your daughter for catering so wonderfully. My bacon butty on arrival was just what I needed, along with the plentiful supply of tea, Yorkshire tea, in a real teapot an all. Without tea, I think I might die.

It was great to meet everyone too, the time flew by. It was good to see and hear such a variety of instruments, amplifiers and effects, and to get to try them out.

My favourite bass, well I really liked @LukeFRC's Bravewood P bass. Also that GK amp which @GreeneKing had kept hidden all day until the end. The cab shootout was also interesting for me, I liked the BC 12" cab a lot, again @LukeFRC had brought that. But there was so much that was new to me and unfamiliar, I'm going to have to widen my horizons.

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 3

Great day, and really good to see old friends and meet new ones.  Thanks very much to Rob and family for organising, catering and generally being top bananas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rwillett said:

Thanks to everyone who came today. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it

That's me hame!

Thanks for organising today, Rob - it was absolutely splendid. We couldn't have asked for better company, a better setting or better weather. Onwards and upwards. 😉

I'll post my pics once I get them off the camera.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Many thanks go to Rob and his lovely family for creating the time and place and victualling us all day. One can never have too much tea. 
It was great to see old friends and make new ones. My love for P bass tone was affirmed again and I wish I’d have had a play on Luke’s Bravewood. His pedal board was awesome. It made me realise I’ve drifted away from being in touch with what is happening with things bass 

The shootout was interesting. My Accugrove was warm sounding and that suits me. I was surprised just how good my forgotten ‘spare’ GK Legacy 800 sounded alongside my Eich T900 and Tec Puma 900. Those two sounded near identical btw. 
A good bass bash leaves us with new inspiration. This was a good bass bash 🙂

Photo to follow. 

Peter

Old guy in the pink shirt. 

Edited by GreeneKing
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

Many thanks go to Rob and his lovely family for creating the time and place and victualling us all day. One can never have too much tea. 
It was great to see old friends and make new ones. My love for P bass tone was affirmed again and I wish I’d have had a play on Luke’s Bravewood. His pedal board was awesome. It made me realise I’ve drifted away from being in touch with what is happening with things bass 

The shootout was interesting. My Accugrove was warm sounding and that suits me. I was surprised just how good my forgotten ‘spare’ GK Legacy 800 sounded alongside my Eich T900 and Tec Puma 900. Those two sounded near identical btw. 
A good bass bash leaves us with new inspiration. This was a good bass bash 🙂

Photo to follow. 

Peter

Old guy in the pink shirt. 

I’m now watching videos on the GK Legacy 800. I was mightily impressed by your amp.

It was good to see you again too.

Rob.

• Like 1

I'm absolutely gutted that I couldn't attend the meet up. The shift in date really did it for me. I had an important gig on the night before and, being of a certain vintage, once I had self-taxied all my relatives home from the venue, it was dark o'clock before I managed to get home. The drive to the meet-up was just too much to be done safely , I'm still on "after gig" euphoria lag time which is why I'm posting this at stupid o'clock! I loved all the postings and photos of basses ,amps, and effects that folks brought along and hopefully I will be able to get to the next one. Well done to Rob (rwillett) for all the efforts in making a great event for everyone!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The sad outcome from the day, given that I’ve not been around BC much was learning we’ve lost Old Horse Murphy 😢 Oh, and noticing that the Osteoporosis in my spine is becoming obvious. Age is certainly interesting. Becoming the oldies you used to see. 

Edited by GreeneKing
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's strange that even though I have not met many of the Basschatters face to face I always seem to feel I am already mates with so many of them. My condolences to all friends and family of Old Horse Murphy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My daughter asked me to say "Thanks for the generous donations to Craven Wildlife Rescue".

You kindly donated £51 and Thebe is very happy. The money will go on rescuing owls and hedgehogs. Owls apparently are quite expensive to feed 😊 Booths don't sell dead mice and other stuff like that. Peter Can you sort this out please?

Edited by rwillett
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1