Why become a member? ×

Overwater Perception Pro Deluxe 5 - Sold, Sold, Sold

molan

This is a particularly nice Overwater Perception that I bought earlier this year but it's kinda 'surplus to requirements' now that I've become a bit of a Spector freak & it seems a shame that it's not being played.

I think it's just over a year old & originally cost a shade under £2K - the Pro Deluxe model is currently listing at £1,995 so you could save over £1,000 on the new price for a bass that genuinely looks like it's just left the shop :)

It has a beautiful cocobola top which helps to give it a really 'dark' growly tone. Lots of flexibility from the 3 band on-board pre as well.

Nice low action with 19mm spacing and a 35" scale for a really tight B sound.

Nick (oldhorsemurphy) currently has this on loan so happy for anyone to ask his opinion of it - especially as I know he's used it in a band situation & I've only played it at home plus one quiet rehearsal.

Product Specifications are:

Body: Central American Mahogany
Top/Colour: Cocobolo
Neck: 3 Piece Maple
Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
Bridge: OW Bridge
Machineheads: Gotoh
Pick Ups: OW5 Soapbar
Preamp: OW 3 Band EQ

Here's the pics from Overwater's site:

Edited by molan

It's an amazing Bass Barrie and if I could afford it, it wouldn't be leaving my house any time soon!

The sound this thing produces is amazing; very deep and dark but no loss of definition. The B String is tight and sounds very clear.

It's also spotless and as new. The finish is even better in the flesh than in Barrie's pics.

Thanks again for the loan Barrie. Looking forward to meeting up again soon :)

Some other pics I found lying around :)

Not taken by me I'm afraid (he said trying to make excuses for the slightly odd framing!)

Hopefully they show that it looks totally unplayed with not a mark anywhere on the front or back of the body (the white specks on the last pic are from a cleaning cloth I think).

Edited by molan

AAWW BARRIE!!!!
Thats amazing, is this the one that was reviewed in bass guitar magazine, i really really want this, but cant sell me warwick in time id imagine, its sooo beautiful!!! i cant balieve the price, bump - lee

[quote name='owen' post='484506' date='May 10 2009, 07:18 PM']As Robbie Shakespeare once said about a bass he was using at the time "this bass is many many more wicked".[/quote]

A Fingerbone Fastback, I believe. Now there's a bass you don't see very often.

Anyhow, this is a very, very tempting Overwater. So tempting in fact that I, no...must...resist....

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='485443' date='May 11 2009, 11:26 PM']A Fingerbone Fastback, I believe.[/quote]

We both read the same interview in IM+RW.

I know I need to get out more. Perhaps you do as well :)

I've offered this to a fellow BC'er at £895 and thought I ought to extend this price to anyone else who might be interested.

It won't go any lower than this though as anything more would be a bit crazy & I'll just hang on to it as I'm not that desperate for cash :)

Not looking for trades on anything I'm afraid.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='485569' date='May 12 2009, 08:18 AM']Hey Barrie, if I had a spare grand knocking around at the moment I'd rip your arm off for this one. But as it is, best of luck with the sale, mate.[/quote]

If you had a spare grand you wouldn't have to do any ripping, I'd just give it to you :rolleyes:

[quote name='Golchen' post='485636' date='May 12 2009, 09:41 AM']Awesome looking bass and a great price![/quote]

I did negotiate pretty hard when I bought it so just passing on the fruits of my labours to my chums here at BC :)

[quote name='owen' post='485452' date='May 11 2009, 11:39 PM']We both read the same interview in IM+RW.

I know I need to get out more. Perhaps you do as well :)[/quote]

Well...yes I do, but in fact I remember it from the Fingerbone ads in the mid-eighties rather than "IM+RW"...

molan if this hangs around much longer and if my Zon goes soon you will be receiving a PM from me.

I have someone very interested in this & I've agreed to give them first refusal with a 24 hour 'thinking period' :)

So - if anyone else is interested in making an offer I won't be able to confirm if it's still available for 24 hours from the offer time.

Hope this makes some sort of sense :rolleyes:

[quote name='molan' post='486903' date='May 13 2009, 01:35 PM']I have someone very interested in this & I've agreed to give them first refusal with a 24 hour 'thinking period' :)

So - if anyone else is interested in making an offer I won't be able to confirm if it's still available for 24 hours from the offer time.

Hope this makes some sort of sense ;)[/quote]
If that person is on here.. JUST DO IT - YOU'LL NEVER REGRET IT! :rolleyes: :D :lol:

[quote name='hubrad' post='486913' date='May 13 2009, 02:00 PM']If that person is on here.. JUST DO IT - YOU'LL NEVER REGRET IT! :) :D :rolleyes:[/quote]

In order:

He sure is,

I'm hoping he will,

if he does then I'm hoping even more that he won't :lol: