Why become a member? ×

One of those days that only Tom Waits can make better

Beedster

Tom waits . Couldn't stand him initially . This was because my bosses played his entire works in the office in an almost daily basis .

I heard his earlier country sounding stuff . One track I still really like though ' step right up ' . That is brilliant .

He did an album with les claypool on it . Pronably the last album I heard of his . I was at 5hat company for a long time 🙂
I know he is very talented .

After watching the BBC Documentary ..I finally got him a ! 😬

I like this track, but the video was doing my head in .

Now I finally have ad free you tube , I'll have to check him out miote thoroughly .

Thanks for the reminder ..🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Tom waits . Couldn't stand him initially . This was because my bosses played his entire works in the office in an almost daily basis .

I heard his earlier country sounding stuff . One track I still really like though ' step right up ' . That is brilliant .

He did an album with les claypool on it . Pronably the last album I heard of his . I was at 5hat company for a long time 🙂
I know he is very talented .

After watching the BBC Documentary ..I finally got him a ! 😬

I like this track, but the video was doing my head in .

Now I finally have ad free you tube , I'll have to check him out miote thoroughly .

Thanks for the reminder ..🙂

Took me a long time to really feel him. Wanted to like him for years because he seemed a cool artist to like or get. But now he's more like a drug; no need to do any more than press play and feel better 👍

Funny thing is I used to think he was a bit inauthentic. Think that was me. He's just playing music after all  

• Like 1

Haven't thought about him for years, he's certainly "unique" I suppose. 

I actually saw him live in Manchester would've been 1981 if I remember correctly. 

It was a good gig in fact, somewhat different to what I'd normally have gone to see at the time but good to try other stuff sometimes. 

The one that for some reason sticks in my mind was "Small change got rained on with his own. 38"... 

• Like 1

My main band leader over the last 10-15 years, Wily Bo Walker, has something of the Tom Waits about his gravelly vocals. We even recorded a cover of TW's "Yesterday is Here" a few years back, with yours truly on double bass. Enjoy (I hope);

https://wilybo.bandcamp.com/track/yesterday-is-here-its-been-a-wonderful-life-reprise

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1