Why become a member? ×

40th Anniversary Precision £259 at Thomann!

Frank n funker

Today I replaced the potentiometers in PB with CTS 250 and a Nissin capacitor. I don't hear any change, but I feel better and more confident than with small potentiometers.

On 17/01/2024 at 07:37, Supernaut said:

Another good thing about these basses is the gold hardware. It will take no time at all to obtain that roadworn look. The body may take a little longer mind... 

unless you use an actual road of course 

So the Jazz has arrived and snuck in the house and hidden away. Had to get rid of a buzz on the G string but otherwise seems really well put together! I've only had a few Fenders over the years so no expert so not going to make any wild claims but if someone had said it was a Fender for twice the price I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

I'm a bit of a sucker for white and gold so I love the look but I did see a pic with a white pearloid scrachplate which looked lovely. Have an empty house later this evening so looking forward to having a wee blast!

jazz.thumb.jpg.c40bb3b5cdff352ee16aea28f5a62cbb.jpg

Edited by steviedee
  • Like 12

4 minutes ago, steviedee said:

So the Jazz has arrived and snuck in the house and hidden away. Had to get rid of a buzz on the G string but otherwise seems really well put together! I've only had a few Fenders over the years so no expert so not going to make any wild claims but if someone had said it was a Fender for twice the price I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

I'm a bit of a sucker for white and gold so I love the look but I did see a pic with a white pearloid scrachplate which looked lovely. Have an empty house later this evening so looking forward to having a wee blast!

What's with all the subterfuge?  Are you OK?  Blink twice if you need help.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, neepheid said:

What's with all the subterfuge?  Are you OK?  Blink twice if you need help.

I was committed to thinning the herd, sold a Rick and then bought 3 basses to replace it... this being the third 😬!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steviedee said:

Mmmmm I'm now thinking, white Jazz, gold hardware but ebony fretless neck. I think that might be a bit of a looker :)

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Mmmmm I'm now thinking, white Jazz, gold hardware but ebony fretless neck. I think that might be a bit of a looker :)

I had a white Japanese fretless jazz actually, I wish I hadn't sold it!

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 13:19, steviedee said:

I was committed to thinning the herd, sold a Rick and then bought 3 basses to replace it... this being the third 😬!

Won't the other half get a bit suspicious about having to use a ladder to get into bed?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

Won't the other half get a bit suspicious about having to use a ladder to get into bed?

I’ve got one of these and I reckon I can keep adding levels and she might not notice. But soon I’ll need to take care of the ceiling. 
IMG_5105.thumb.webp.870c18c3693a66e3ff85b3bf8b9754ae.webp

Edited by steviedee
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, steviedee said:

I’ve got one of these and I reckon I can keep adding levels and she might not notice. But soon I’ll need to take care of the ceiling. 
IMG_5105.thumb.webp.870c18c3693a66e3ff85b3bf8b9754ae.webp

Lower the floor?

• Haha 1

On 25/01/2024 at 13:06, steviedee said:

Is it white and gold, or is it really blue and black?

• Haha 2

After waiting for ages for the Jazz to appear! It’s going back, had a look at it last night and a big f*** off crack has appeared! 

Pretty disappointing to be honest. No problem with Thomann offered a refund immediately as they have none in stock. Big crack aside I quite liked it so a bit disappointed they have no stock and I have to box it up!

But the crack is worrying!

IMG_5114.thumb.jpeg.02a624367ef59f357bd65ab45fc4a872.jpeg

• Sad 4