Why become a member? ×

Can you come round and fix this for me?

This doesn't work - problem with the jack socket requiring soldering - He states it won't work till this is done and you'll probably want to hear it before handing over any money. It's also grubby but he can't be rrrsed to do that. Oh, and he won't post it out. 

So to be sure it works OK you have to go round to his house, with your soldering iron - fix the jack socket, possibly replace the jack socket itself, clean the bass and fit a new set of strings. There is also an issue with some delamination.

" To conclude, currently this can’t be plugged in and played via an amp, or audio device, it needs some tlc. But this vintage and rare beautiful shaped bass will be loved by any collector once it’s seen the love it needs by someone in the know or a local luthier."

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404425334018?hash=item5e29a0dd02:g:UBEAAOSw069k0Bvz&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwGeXZyxEl7Q8XZ7mtGqXkQFv55DnvGGrvEWL6FvYk2YiDHmC4mx3nwjzCp9Qp%2BOEHQW%2F5jljz7GDIPC4F0bfNWwv9AraanIDIqrgBRebQojsrzZqSPIIAHaFe6AGvTNxZGjPzEanGLHxEsP%2BpxYNDqYtmarRDxiBPiVhO7CqOelz84EN70xft4pm1vTsitv9VefSZ6oWTCAL0n%2FsarT9YTRB5%2Fl5kJ9T6YCnCFwNDRSbcaNs0Hpc9LBu14soD5BTuw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-zPneG6Yg

I'm not sure if this is the same model/ bass which sold on ebay a couple of years ago for significantly less.

Being sold by one of those Manchester scallywags....😉😉

These are rare, high-end basses and there is a (very small) enthusiast/collector community for the brand & manufacturer - but prices are all over the place. They sit for years unsold at two grand but are snapped up at sub-£1000 prices. Given that this one has some known issues (likely of a very minor electrical nature) but also might have some delamination problems, I'm not sure who he thinks will drop £1200 on it in this state.

If I was still buying & selling I'd be taking a gamble on it for about £500 as it is.

5 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

These are rare, high-end basses and there is a (very small) enthusiast/collector community for the brand & manufacturer - but prices are all over the place. They sit for years unsold at two grand but are snapped up at sub-£1000 prices. Given that this one has some known issues (likely of a very minor electrical nature) but also might have some delamination problems, I'm not sure who he thinks will drop £1200 on it in this state.

If I was still buying & selling I'd be taking a gamble on it for about £500 as it is

I'm not sure if the delamination issues are with the bass. As I read the add it sounds like it's the case that's delaminated. 

I know very little about the bass, but it's very pretty, and electrical issues are easily fixed. 

I just can't understand raising the price when it didn't sell for the original price. 

23 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'm not sure if the delamination issues are with the bass. As I read the add it sounds like it's the case that's delaminated. 

I know very little about the bass, but it's very pretty, and electrical issues are easily fixed.

Agree the text is referring to the case. Some of the pics of the bass do look as though there may be lacquer cracks between the rear of the top wing & its centre, and the neck. That might be delamination but if so it doesn't look structural, or a difficult fix, Still, not what you'd expect if you were paying over a grand for one of these.

• Like 1