Why become a member? ×

Basses and Cars - What's up with that?

I guess some of this may relate to the whole 50s styling thing and use of car custom paint on Fenders and the like, you can kind of see a culture / style connection, and presumably this has carried on as a tradition. 

I don't personally tie cars and guitars together like that either, but I can sort of see where its coming from 

• Like 1

I guess a car is something that most people have to purchase at some time in their life, and whether you like cars or not, it's a purchase that you can't make without at least a little research.

If I'm talking to someone about a non essential purchase of something idiosyncratic such as a carbon necked bass, the other person may have no direct comparison except for buying a car, unless they drive a Juke at which point you might as well be talking to a medical skeleton.

Personally I've been quite amazed at the number of adults I've met who have zero hobbies or interests, so analogies come in handy as a useful common ground at least to some degree.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, neepheid said:

Ahh, it's that side of the bed this morning.  I've got out of that side before too.

so many tags...

The shack side?

I wouldn't know, I tend to use the entire bed for that.

Also you do know that you don't have to read all the tags of topics, right?

They are exclusively there to make searching on specific topics more effective, and not really intended for reading.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

8 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

The shack side?

They are exclusively there to make searching on specific topics more effective, and not really intended for reading.

May be i meant - Shaq attach ?! (sending much,much love to xo fm)

Edited by nilorius

2 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

The shack side?

So, your day hasn't improved then?  That sucks.

I know what tags are for, it's your liberal pebbledashing of the topic with them and the fact that you have to separately go out of your way to do so is my point.  Also, they're right there under the thread title in bright orange.  I didn't read them FWIW, but that doesn't mean I'm not aware of their copious presence...

21 minutes ago, neepheid said:

So, your day hasn't improved then?  That sucks.

I know what tags are for, it's your liberal pebbledashing of the topic with them and the fact that you have to separately go out of your way to do so is my point.  Also, they're right there under the thread title in bright orange.  I didn't read them FWIW, but that doesn't mean I'm not aware of their copious presence...

And I am afraid you are projecting, judging from the general vibe I pick up from you previous two comments in this thread.

My day has been splendid and I've slept great, thank you.

Luckily there is still hours left for yours to hopefully get better, so lighten up a bit my friend. :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

28 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

And I am afraid you are projecting, judging from the general vibe I pick up from you previous two comments in this thread.

My day has been splendid and I've slept great, thank you.

Luckily there is still hours left for yours to hopefully get better, so lighten up a bit my friend. :i-m_so_happy:

I assure you it's good natured rib tickling.  The only thing I'm projecting is an attempt at humour.  You can't win 'em all :)

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nilorius said:

May be, but it has to have a ballistic rocket at the back side, too.

Thought it had the flip up armour bullet proof plate at the back, and the machine guns that spring from the front bumper.. You can get a spare of the little blue plastic bloke that springs out of the top on ebay now too.. 👍

Just now, Waddo Soqable said:

Thought it had the flip up armour bullet proof plate at the back, and the machine guns that spring from the front bumper.. You can get a spare of the little blue plastic bloke that springs out of the top on ebay now too.. 👍

You are smarter than i thought ! That is dangerous to "Bass Chat".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

By the way - what callibre exactly was those machine guns ?