Why become a member? ×

I may have just paid for a new bass

Sibob

It hasn't arrived yet (or even dispatched)

It was bought from a Basschat member in the FS section.

It is white

It is a five string (shock horror!!....guess who's had enough of transposing dep gigs on the fly with 4's)

It's nothing fancy, and a bargain/cheap, but looks pimp and solid and I expect it to do the job I'm buying it for admirably!

More news when it arrives :)

Si

p.s.
My gf knew of the potential purchase, and when I told her that I'd paid for it she said "yeah you do, I love it when you buy basses".......genuinely as well, not sarky! lol. Get in.

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='Sibob' post='477319' date='May 1 2009, 08:27 PM']It hasn't arrived yet (or even dispatched)

It was bought from a Basschat member in the FS section.

It is white

It is a five string (shock horror!!....guess who's had enough of transposing dep gigs on the fly with 4's)

It's nothing fancy, and a bargain/cheap, but looks pimp and solid and I expect it to do the job I'm buying it for admirably!

More news when it arrives :rolleyes:

Si

p.s.
My gf knew of the potential purchase, and when I told her that I'd paid for it she said "yeah you do, I love it when you buy basses".......genuinely as well, not sarky! lol. Get in.[/quote]

can we swap girlfriends??

hahhaha

:)

[quote name='BassBus' post='477761' date='May 2 2009, 03:54 PM']Sibob doesn't make girlfriends, but if he did they'd probably be the best girlfriends in the world. :)[/quote]

Haha, genius! :rolleyes:

As a result of that comment she said that I should post a pic of her holding the bass when it comes through lol

Si

[quote name='Geek99' post='477948' date='May 2 2009, 08:31 PM']You should.

Mine went one better and actually bought ME one.[/quote]

Haha, this is gonna turn into one-up-manship of bass tolerant other-halves :rolleyes:

Mine asked the other day what Bass i'd like if she won the lottery/gets a sexy big advance for her band lol

I said a '62 jazz :)
She said ok
I said they're about £50,000
she still said ok lol

Si

Well I better come clean!!

Bought a Squier Deluxe 5 string from our very own Ruairidh.
Still needs some new strings, but I setup the truss rod/action/intonation and it's a fantastic bit of kit for the cash I paid!
Can't wait to get it out and about!
I'm interested in how the Preamp and P'ups will perform, If I'm not happy with them, I might swap them out further down the line!

Si

p.s.
Just using Ruairidh's photos for now!

p.p.s.
The pics with the gf will have to wait for now, she kept vetting them cos she 'looked bad' lol, typical :)

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='Sibob' post='482941' date='May 8 2009, 02:02 PM']Yeah I think it looks pretty sweet!
There are no holes for a pickguard, it is stock sans pickguard, so I would have to drill holes to add one....not really much point!

Si[/quote]

Don't touch it! It looks great as it is!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='482957' date='May 8 2009, 02:24 PM']Don't touch it! It looks great as it is![/quote]

I couldn't agree more, it's looks very individual in my collection, even next to my all white (w/ white pickguard) P-bass.

The only thing I'd say about it as a negative, is that the headstock colour is very slightly different to the body, doesn't bother me in the slightest, but is probably the only thing that gives away it's budget heritage! Other than that it feels and sounds solid, yet to gig it yet though.....really looking forward to it!

Si