Why become a member? ×

NAD - Mesa Boogie TT800

Thor

Wow! Just love it! Very obviously early days but just had 30 minutes with it and love the ability to have the two channels set up, one for a utility/general profile/EQ and then the Boogie channel for more of a boosted/overdriven channel.  Straight out the box I like it a lot, keen to see how it will sit in the band mix but first impressions are impressive. 

Well worth the money IMHO😎😁👍🏻🤘

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bassace97 said:

Excellent amps, love mine! Where did you get it from? Hoping to pick up a matching 210 and 115 to complete my rig!

I purchased it online from the US, I’ve been after one for a while and was getting the same response from every supplier (owing to their Mesa dealer agreement they wouldn’t ship outside the US) then last Thursday I enquired with another supplier over there who was happy to ship to the UK - sent the international funds transfer Friday AM, and it was tracked/arrived safely today. 

I’ve tried it this evening with my Aguilar GS412 and it sounds great, everything I’d hoped for and more, also got a Barefaced Big Twin that I use, looking forward to trying it in anger, although the rack Mount kit hasn’t arrived yet…. Currently on back order with Mesa Boogie and, try as I might, I couldn’t find any availability anywhere else. Mesa have said the back order should clear in approx 2 to 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I have used myus.com in the past for US purchases. You get a US adress to use, it means you dont pay state tax over there and you get to pay your import tax when paying for shipping. You get a choice of couriers at pretty good prices and if you use the premium service theyll bundle purchases to keep your costs down. Might be worth it for some of you folks...

• Thanks 5

On 25/05/2023 at 08:25, G-Lo said:

Hi guys, I have used myus.com in the past for US purchases. You get a US adress to use, it means you dont pay state tax over there and you get to pay your import tax when paying for shipping. You get a choice of couriers at pretty good prices and if you use the premium service theyll bundle purchases to keep your costs down. Might be worth it for some of you folks...

Oh dear! GAS incoming.

• Haha 2

Argh! Congrats @Thor! I know you’ve been after this for a while and got tired of waiting on the UK!

Sadly I had to leg to of my WD800 since downsizing but I’m picking up the D800 this morning for what I think is a steal (£400 and a 10 min drive!). 

with how scarce the WD/TT are it would’ve been nice to have a chance to compare, really reckon the TT would do great if you want a channel for clean fat stuff and another for pedals and rockier grit. 

Enhoy!

PS: I think you had had the D800, how does the range compare from your side?

I owned a TT-800 for a while. In fact I had the TT the WD-800 and the D-800+. After months of comparison, I found my sound was in the D-800+. But the TT was a very close second. The WD just plain didn't work for me. I believe I just don't like hybrid amps. I had an even bigger problem with the current GK line that caused me to abandon them after 30 years of loyalty. 

That being said...

The TT-800 is a very fine amp. And even though it didn't work for me that doesn't mean it won't work for you. It's a metal head IMHO. Easily overdriven. I was partial to the Boogie channel. HPF is strong and will tame the wildest boom. Sounds like you have some quality cabs so you should be able to enjoy all the glory it can provide. I did miss the mid volume controls. They seem to be the secret to the D-800+. 

Having moved on to IEMs amps aren't really on my radar anymore. But I do have them around should the need arise.

You did good though.

• Like 2

On 01/06/2023 at 13:24, Musicman20 said:

I've heard that Mesa are planning to have products in Europe/UK by 'Summer'....which could be the next 3-4 months....

If I buy a new bass amp, it'll be Mesa or Genzler. 

You won't regret waiting on the Mesa.

• Like 1

Congratulations! That is one beauty of an amp. And hopefully the dealers in the UK will soon have stock. The Mesa cabs are wonderful too , although with Aguilar and Barefaced you should be ok.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to update on Mesa availability in Europe... Mesa bass gear will be featured as part of the new Gibson Garage showroom in London which will be up and running early next year. That's when the re-launch of Mesa in Europe will occur, and it will give players to try out some of the new gear locally if they don't have a dealer near by and happen to be traveling through London:

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Blog/News/are-you-ready-for-the-gibson-garage-in-london

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 18/09/2023 at 20:05, agedhorse said:

Just wanted to update on Mesa availability in Europe... Mesa bass gear will be featured as part of the new Gibson Garage showroom in London which will be up and running early next year. That's when the re-launch of Mesa in Europe will occur, and it will give players to try out some of the new gear locally if they don't have a dealer near by and happen to be traveling through London:

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Blog/News/are-you-ready-for-the-gibson-garage-in-london

That's good. I've just been passed to an artist relations team in the UK, so I guess it's all about to open up again here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

That's good. I've just been passed to an artist relations team in the UK, so I guess it's all about to open up again here.

Excellent, welcome aboard!

It's a long and complicated process and Gibson wants to have everything in place. 

I was at the factory the other day and was impressed with the amount of product destined for Europe. I don't know the scheduling, but now I better understand the reasons for the continuing delays. The guitar side will also be represented in this launch, and there's a proverbial crap-load of amps/cabinets being built for that market too. We are talking about months of production resources currently being dedicated to Europe (and AU/NZ).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, agedhorse said:

Excellent, welcome aboard!

It's a long and complicated process and Gibson wants to have everything in place. 

I was at the factory the other day and was impressed with the amount of product destined for Europe. I don't know the scheduling, but now I better understand the reasons for the continuing delays. The guitar side will also be represented in this launch, and there's a proverbial crap-load of amps/cabinets being built for that market too. We are talking about months of production resources currently being dedicated to Europe (and AU/NZ).

Thanks. I've been on board for a couple of years or so. I was originally supported by Kris, and Trent passed on my details when he moved on.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Thanks. I've been on board for a couple of years or so. I was originally supported by Kris, and Trent passed on my details when he moved on.

Kris and Trent are still with us, Garey moved on but I still talk with him from time to time and is still informally part of our team. 

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there. I have been lucky enough to own the D-800+, WD-800 and the TT800. All at once.

The D-800+ won.

Now since I have changed bands. And am no longer playing "Modern Country". I have come to the conclusion that the TT800 would be more suited to rock.

Now live I play amp-less. So I can get what I want from my pedals. 

But if I was live with an amp, playing what I am now, compared to what I was playing 6 months ago. The TT-800 would probably have won.

Bottom line. No bad decisions are possible when considering "anything" from the Subway line. If you really, really like the TT-800. I recommend a second. I have 2 x D-800+. 

I would pickup another TT-800 if I didn't already have an Epifani UL901. It does Subway and more.

Edited by joel406
  • Like 1

What would you say the differences are between the 800+ ,  TT800  are to the WD 800? 

I saw a band using a Subway 2x15 with the WD800 over the weekend, and I have to say it was "the sound" I have in my head.   I've played the same venue and of course my memory may be a bit dodgy but it sounded far better than my set up.  I guess it could be talent though!!   

• 1 month later...
On 25/09/2023 at 12:22, Pirellithecat said:

What would you say the differences are between the 800+ ,  TT800  are to the WD 800? 

I saw a band using a Subway 2x15 with the WD800 over the weekend, and I have to say it was "the sound" I have in my head.   I've played the same venue and of course my memory may be a bit dodgy but it sounded far better than my set up.  I guess it could be talent though!!   

3 different tone families. The D-800+ is the most neutral of the three, and if you are looking for a simple, straight ahead bass amp, it's the easiest to get along with. The WD-800 is modeled after the old Walkabout , it is native voicing is that tone and also that feel in varying degrees. It also has more extensive EQ and a damping factor selector. The TT-800 is a 2 channel amp and is modeled after the Subway D-800+ voicing on the Subway channel and the Bass 400+ on the Boogie channel. The Boogie channel is pretty significantly voiced, the Subway channel is more neutral. Both the WD and TT use tube preamps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4