Why become a member? ×

NMD

Owen

Well, not entirely new machine head day. But bits of them. I have never liked the machine head paddles on my Shuker. I am aware that I need to get out more. So I got the local luthier to fabricate some Ebony spheres which slot onto the axle of the machine heads after taking the paddles off. They have come out just as I hoped. 

1683881538508165681693334748672.jpg

16838815622712086102678767481685.jpg

16838815892115107814045345040224.jpg

Edited by Owen
because of the spelling. Always because of the spelling.
  • Like 14

They look great!

Probably depends on the gigs you play as to functionality though - when there's sweat dripping down the walls of whatever dive bar I've played in in the past, I'm not sure how confident I'd be with those! 

Sadly, I will not be changing strings using the attachment on my electric screwdriver. However they are fine and dandy in use. Not AS easy as paddles, obviously. But I am a form over function kind of bloke and am very happy indeed with them. I cannot ever remember having to retune this bass once it has been tuned when playing, and the basics of the machine heads are unchanged. 

11 minutes ago, Horizontalste said:

That is a great looking bass, I love the natural/maple, makes it look really "clean".

I can only imagine every tone you could ever want is lurking in that pickup & pre too 😎

Thanks, I like it. Ironically I got SUPER excited when I was putting 2 pickups in (it was originally one). It has a J coil and half a P coil in each soapbar = way more options than I ever use!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Those are strange, but incredibly cool.

Wonder if it'd be possible to reverse-engineer marbles?

Hot-House-Glass-Collectors-Marbles-Portrait-Crop-v2.jpg

I LIKE it. However, I guess the weight would be an issue. 

Mr Shuker made me another Uberhorn-esque body to go on a Goodfellow neck I had made in the last Millenium. I should not have sold it. If you bought it from me and fancy selling it back to me, please get in touch.

20160423_155756.jpg