Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Detroit Bass REDUCED - *SOLD*
£325
Hereford

vmaxblues

Just to push this over the line, £300, or £325 delivered to mainland UK or I will keep it, because it is a lovely thing to have around!  (Looks on Amazon for another wall hanger!)

I got this recently in a trade, and it is spectacular, if you want the James Jamerson thing, this is it.  The neck is superb.  The colour sublime.  My problem is, is that it doesn't fit in with the music I am currently playing live.  It is in excellent condition, wearing Detroit flats (I have also got a brand new set of Detroit flats I will throw in).  It comes with it's original gig bag in good condition, also has it's original strap, which has some wear, but very little.

https://www.basscentre.com/bass-collection-detroit-bass/bass-collection-detroit-bass-purple-haze.html#:~:text="Lightweight%2C resonant and extremely versatile,super-affordable price point."

I was surprised by how nice these are, the fit and finish is really good, the playability is fantastic.

IMG_8198.jpg

IMG_8199 (1).jpg

IMG_8200.jpg

IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8202.jpg

IMG_8204.jpg

IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8206.jpg

Edited by vmaxblues
Sold
  • Like 22

Ooh, dat pretty!

23 minutes ago, vmaxblues said:

My problem is, is that it doesn't fit in with the music I am currently playing live.

Oi! That's one of my lines, along with, "This new project needs a different kind of bass to any that I currently have," ;) 

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Actually quite fancy one but my daughters are anti-pink and would lynch me :(

One of your jobs as a parent is do things that make your children, especially daughters, roll their eyes. You’re not their friend, you’re their source of irritation, at least whilst they’re children. It’s all part of the fun, especially when you do it on purpose.

To be clear, I am joshing somewhat. I think I was always the fun dad (opinions may and probably do vary, especially with the ex) and I didn’t have to try at all to get my little girl (who is now over 40!) to like me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vmaxblues said:

Photos don’t do the colour justice, I would say a light metallic purple is a better description, and so much more manly!

It's a splendid colour! Only problem is that it would make it that much more difficult to sneak it home without the other half noticing a new bass! "This old thing?" 😅

• Like 1

• vmaxblues changed the title to Bass Collection Detroit Bass REDUCED
  • vmaxblues changed the title to Bass Collection Detroit Bass SOLD