Why become a member? ×

Ampeg PF50T Valve amp - *SOLD*
£485
Farnham

RJB280

A lovely amp with a lot more bang for your buck than you would expect from 50watts !  Classic Ampeg tones and incredibly portable for a valve amp (8.8 kgs) Comes complete with a custom made flightcase which cost me way over £100 ! 

Collection preferred as even though it’s flight cased I wouldn’t want to risk it being thrown around by a courier. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Cat Burrito
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, DJ '65 said:

Volume wise, what would you think the equivalent transistor wattage would be? Does this keep up in a 5 piece rock band?

50 watts. No it won't. 

Edited by Sparky Mark

1 hour ago, DJ '65 said:

Many thanks for the honest reply! GLWTS

Oops! It's not my amp but 50 valve watts is no different to 50 solid state watts. 50 watts is not enough power to compete with two guitars and drums in a rock band. You'll see a lot of posts where 100 valve watts still doesn't cut it in a rock setting.

18 hours ago, DJ '65 said:

Volume wise, what would you think the equivalent transistor wattage would be? Does this keep up in a 5 piece rock band?

Just to disagree with the previous reply, I owned one and it definitely did. I only sold mine recently but I used to work with the loudest guitar player and drummer (both ex-pros) I've played with in a 35 year playing career. I had to move the volume from 4 to 7 for those two, but no issues. These are great amps. Any doubts try them yourself. In my 5 piece Americana band I had no issues. I also used it in a 3 piece 60s garage band and a four piece Creedence Clearwater Revival tribute, never with any issue. Might be different with some really heavy bands but for rock, roots, country, soul, blues etc, no issues. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Oops! It's not my amp but 50 valve watts is no different to 50 solid state watts. 50 watts is not enough power to compete with two guitars and drums in a rock band. You'll see a lot of posts where 100 valve watts still doesn't cut it in a rock setting.

Maybe that is true, but this is a loud amp! I've A/B'd this with an Ampeg V4B, PF50T tru an SVT210AV and the V4B through an Ampeg B series 4x10, tonaly nothing between them, volume wise, if i switched cabs i think there is very little in it.

This will totally blow away a 50 watt solid state amp, it keeps pretty good pace with my baby sumo 600w power amp.

I use this with an SVT212SAV, firstly it sounds gorgeous, secondly it keeps up with a guitarist with 100w Marshall plus 4 x 12 and drummer, but the sounds be break up, if you want ti 100% clean it will be quieter.

I cannot think of reason why i would sell mine it's a gorgeous amp.

I'm tempted to put in a cheeky offer on the flight case! But someone is getting a bargain.

• Like 2

It would be a case of suckitnsee. It might work or it might not.

There was a YT of one from the forum on other side of the big pond. It was "keeping up" with a 212 iirc, but the only tonal option was very not clean.

Ime also, 50 tube watts not enough welly. Sounded great at rehearsals but got lost. 200w is the sweet spot with a 215 if you ask me.

A lot depends on what cab you intend to use. 3dB of sensitivity fully makes up for an extra 50 watts at the weenie end of the power range.

And everyone plays with a loud guitarist and a louder drummer than nearly everyone else. Obviously there is wiggle room for a 50w'er in some bands.

• Cat Burrito changed the title to Ampeg PF50T Valve amp SOLD