Why become a member? ×

What would You choose ?

nilorius

2 minutes ago, Jackroadkill said:

Hmmmm, for me it would be based on a pre-'65 Precision body , with nickel hardware.  Finish would be a thin nitro in seafoam green, with a mint green scratchplate and a maple neck with spaghetti logo and truss rod adjustment at the head end.  Pickups would be Bareknuckle '58 Split Coils.  The E string would have a Hipshot BT7.  It would come in a hard case covered with faux-alligator skin and lined in white velvet.  Case candy would include a strap that matched the case.

That would be a strong meant - a real quest for Fender cs.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Then i think You should get an Ibanez gift card. The question was between jazz bass and precision.

Your subsequent question was "Why do You think Fender cs would not make Your perfect bass ?" and I answered it. Perhaps it would help if you remembered what you'd said.

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Shurely you'd have to have a little set of drums...?? 

Strangely enough, I'm all set for drums (what with being a drummer'n'all...). I can't recall having ever seen or heard of Fender making drums, but, then again, I can't recall much at all these daze, soooooo. :$ 

2 hours ago, nilorius said:

What would You choose

My choice would be a pine 51 slab body P-bass but resale for such a niche model would be difficult so I'd go for "Fender Cliche".

Cliche would go up for sale, I'd build my own pine slab then take a holiday with the change.

"Master Built" was around £5.5k, even if I went daft my build wouldn't cost more than £600 so it'd be a bloody good holiday 😀

7 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Strangely enough, I'm all set for drums (what with being a drummer'n'all...). I can't recall having ever seen or heard of Fender making drums, but, then again, I can't recall much at all these daze, soooooo. :$ 

Fender Starcaster drum set about 250 Yankee dollars, you know you want one👍

5 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Fender Starcaster drum set about 250 Yankee dollars, you know you want one👍

Another school day; maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. I'll just keep my Camco, though; it's done half a century of sterling work so far, and will see me out. :friends:

The only Fender instrument I have ever owned is my banjo. I have nothing against them, they just don’t do much that interests me. Though the nicest playing guitar I have ever played was a ‘68 strat.

However…

In such a situation, I would go for whatever gets me the closest to the old, blue Steve Harris signature bass. Royal blue P bass with chrome pickguard and maple fretboard.

Mainly thanks to the Live After Death video. Steve Harris was the main reason (along with Lemmy) that I play bass.

1F3F0E2C-5584-4FD5-B9AC-46CC1DAFBAE0.jpeg.22096ad0d68c8f036c1d1d16e59552de.jpeg
He looks happy with it!

http://www.ironmaiden666.com.br/2011/06/fender-steve-harris-precision-bass.html