Why become a member? ×

New UA comp pedal

krispn

Just putting this out here. 

Sounds class on the few demos I’ve heard. A contender for bass? 
610 preamp and an 1176 style comp + LA2A with options for both. It’s making me feel sweaty for my comp🥵😬😥

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

Uh-huh. It’s very impressive. and don’t start me on the new fender pick ups. No bass versions yet but the CuNiFe guitar pick ups sound great. Patiently awaiting the bass iterations. Tim Shaw doing fine work!!

• Like 1

There's a little more information on this video, although not much but it also includes a brief bass demo too. I'd love to see a Bass the world video giving this a detailed run through 🤞

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/04/2023 at 07:30, Osiris said:

There's a little more information on this video, although not much but it also includes a brief bass demo too. I'd love to see a Bass the world video giving this a detailed run through 🤞

What's that noise at 2.18? 

• 3 months later...

I just returned my UA Max pedal, I too was very excited about the 1176 and the LA 2A, plus you get a little bit of 610 Pre, I really tried to get the thing to perform without clipping out, I could get a sense of what it was capable of, alas it's not for Bass and mines a passive Bass too. There is a HPF switch on the app ( 1176 side only ) and this did help, but not enough.

I emailed UA many times for ideas and help, but the response wasn't that helpful, nothing I didn't know already. They did not acknowledge there was a problem though '' It works fine for us ''.

If they sort the problem out for Bass, then I'll buy another as it's a fantastic concept.