Ralf1e

Found on Gumtree.

Anyone know the maker or anything about this. Quality, build etc

Is it woth a punt or firewood?

Please view this ad:

B/ bass guitar ,
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/b-bass-guitar/1454299922

Price: £ 99

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gumtree.android

Edited by Ralf1e

• Ralf1e changed the title to Anyone know what this B bass is
33 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Has He Who Shall Not Be Named been at that nut?

Trick o'the light, mate; trick o'the light. -_-

(... and for a fretless 'fiver' 'jazz' copy, I don't think £99 is too bad a price...)

Edited by Dad3353

Have a look at the 3rd photo which is a close-up of the headstock.

That looks like a 4-string conversion to me which means tight string spacing at the nut and dodgy string runs behind it.

J-Basses aren't really my thing but if they were, even thought it's only £99 I'd want to see some more and better photos, in particular, the neck pocket, the routing around the bridge pickup and a flat on shot which would show how well the outer strings line up with the end of the neck.

20 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Have a look at the 3rd photo which is a close-up of the headstock.

That looks like a 4-string conversion to me which means tight string spacing at the nut and dodgy string runs behind it.

J-Basses aren't really my thing but if they were, even thought it's only £99 I'd want to see some more and better photos, in particular, the neck pocket, the routing around the bridge pickup and a flat on shot which would show how well the outer strings line up with the end of the neck.

A pretty good conversion with 5-string p/u's and a 5-string bridge, though. -_-  No, it's ben made that way from the outset. It's not a Fender Custom Shop, but it's not a Fender Custom Shop price, either. My six-string fretless wasn't a big-name make, either, but we've been playing gigs with it for several years, now. The one above has no snob appeal, granted, but is, I reckon, OK for the asking price. Just my tuppence-worth. :friends:

• Like 2

Thanks to all for sound advice and help. It isn't made clear if it is a scaled down version in the listing which I found a few of doing a search.  Being a fretless five gives it less appeal to me than if it was a four especially with that tight string spacing.

I agree with Dad. It's a string spacing on the smaller side but made that way.

Hard to tell from photos but my eyetrometer says 30" scale. Having jumped on a fretless Ubass at 22" and managed fine I say it don't much matter if you have ears. Either you are a fretlesser or you ain't.

Edited by Downunderwonder

3 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I agree with Dad. It's a string spacing on the smaller side but made that way.

Hard to tell from photos but my eyetrometer says 30" scale. Having jumped on a fretless Ubass at 22" and managed fine I say it don't much matter if you have ears. Either you are a fretlesser or you ain't.

I am but I don't like short scale and I don't fancy the tight gaps tween the strings. My Ibby fan fret 5 is tight. That looks even closer.

I have 4 five strings including 2 multiscale.  Why am I even looking at that piece of poo. I need to give myself a good scolding! Er talking to! Modern etiquette.

Edited by Ralf1e