Why become a member? ×

HH electronics MA100 5 channel 100W amplifier price reduction £75 - *SOLD*
£100
Wells, Somerset

1970's vintage HH electronics MA100, 5 channel 100W into 4ohm head. Each of the 5 channels has a high / low impedance input, treble, bass and reverb send switch. Master reverb level, master volume and presence. All working and in good condition for its age and the front panel illumination is iconic on these old HH amps!

IMG_7806.thumb.jpg.23a2fb9770034dd7934caf41ea32aa60.jpg

IMG_7807.thumb.jpg.006141efaaddf2f5b3f4a2cf175b8c9b.jpg

IMG_7809.thumb.jpg.93cb574cdc242ce230bec69fa5f81fa8.jpg

IMG_7808.thumb.jpg.9a4ee715dcb1fb8331811af23c9d4038.jpg

Edited by basstone
Now sold
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, djc63 said:

Wow, that’s a blast from the past! 

There was one of these in the rehearsal room I used to frequent when I was a kid. State of the art back then.

The PA amp of choice for small bands in my youth.

• Like 5

Oh, yes! We had one back then too 😁 Our singer departed and took it with him but we got another singer who brought the same setup with him 😀 Think the cabs were matching 12’s? Great little PA and a fabulous bit of nostalgia. GLWTS.

• Like 1

IIRC there was also a similar 1970s Carlsbro mixer amp - no backlighting or nifty handles though.  Can't find any images, however Carlsbro have certainly made a vast range of kit over the years.  I had a job offer with HH circa 1979 but in the end chose to work for British Gas as a research engineer.

Interesting video on their website https://www.hhelectronics.com/history

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2023 at 10:58, 3below said:

IIRC there was also a similar 1970s Carlsbro mixer amp - no backlighting or nifty handles though.  Can't find any images, however Carlsbro have certainly made a vast range of kit over the years.  I had a job offer with HH circa 1979 but in the end chose to work for British Gas as a research engineer.

Thanks for the link to the video, it is interesting to see the history and pedigree of the brand and still going today!

On 26/03/2023 at 10:58, 3below said:

That's a great video of the company we always called H and H 🥴 I had no idea they were still going, or so instrumental in creating a TV amp used worldwide 👍🏼

I'd forgotten I also had the 1x15" bass combo 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BassTool said:

I had the same model, plus the 100w slave amp, and a WEM copycat going out to two (rarely seen) 4x12 HH dual concentric columns 🤭

Cool looking stuff back in the day 😆

Saw a WEM copycat in MId Wales Music last week, the first time I have seen one since the early 70s. They seem to fetch a fair price these days, I just remember them being very temperamental in use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In my youth, I had the guitar model with the clockwork concubine and the tube emulation pedal. The bass player had the bass version and our singer had a PA version. 

I loved the amp it made for really crisp funk and reggae chops. 

Edited by jazzyvee
  • Like 1

• basstone changed the title to HH electronics MA100 5 channel 100W amplifier price reduction £75
On 26/03/2023 at 09:30, Waddo Soqable said:

These are great..  classic amp you'd see in every rehearsal studio the 70s 80s, we mentioned these a while back, fond memories of Allan Gordon's in Leyton! 

6 Bands rehearsing / competing in 6 rooms I believe..along with the raiway track above...great times

• Like 2

On 06/04/2023 at 09:47, BassTool said:

That's a great video of the company we always called H and H 🥴 I had no idea they were still going, or so instrumental in creating a TV amp used worldwide 👍🏼

I'd forgotten I also had the 1x15" bass combo 😁

I had downsized from 4x12 and 2x 15 and bought a new HH 15 combo...sometime in the mid 1980's  my aching back recovered immediately and found it was a powerful little combo..loved it for a few years before upgrading to Trace Elliot 2x10 and 1x15

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Basement studios in Watford had one in every room, and later the black panelled ones without the back-light. Cool workhorse amps. I  think I replaced a 2n3055 transistor in one for them when I used to work a couple of units away on the same road. 

When this HH stuff first came out,  the e-l back-light was THE coolest thing!

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 18:20, MoonBassAlpha said:

Basement studios in Watford had one in every room, and later the black panelled ones without the back-light. Cool workhorse amps. I  think I replaced a 2n3055 transistor in one for them when I used to work a couple of units away on the same road. 

When this HH stuff first came out,  the e-l back-light was THE coolest thing!

They’re still a cool looking bit of kit😊

• basstone changed the title to HH electronics MA100 5 channel 100W amplifier price reduction £75 *SOLD*