• NickD
    • Dad3353
    • SH73
    • Nail Soup
    • NickO
    • Upside downer
    • Wolfram

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/23 at 23:01

It is time again to get those lug holes infused with the monthly offering.

After a great month last time congratulations were due to @NickD with the added bonus of choosing us a pic for March...

"I was messing with chiaroscuro style lighting for a photography project last year and asked the Mrs do do her best gangster impression for me. I think it might make for some interesting results."

image.png.f51d98daabaad3ffa9cb36d6a4135b98.png

So without further ado have a listen to these and cast your 3 votes as appeases you :D

1 @AndyTravis  I just got spy/hitman vibes and went with it.

2 @Leonard Smalls    I done one!

Seeing the pic had someone with a gun in their hand, I thought it best to do a cover of Hendrix' classic "Hey Joe" 😁

3 lurksalot.   I tried to get a feel of a theme/title sequence to a TV show that might have the photographed person as main character.

4 @NickD I got a bit of a Bugsy Malone vibe from the pic, which pushed me towards a swing (ish) style. It's a minor 251 going to the relative major for the brief chorus. There are probably hundreds of jazz tunes you could play over the backing, it's such a standard form.

5 @Dad3353  Inspired really after watching the Markus Miller group in concert, playing Miles Davis 'Tutu' stuff. It brought images of this spiv; maybe it's the hat, I don't know.

6. @SH73  The song is about a CO2 air pistol and shooting cans , whatever words I scraped together.

7 @Nail Soup The gun pic got me thinking of despair at needless deaths in American school shootings and the like. In particular one quote from gun supporter saying that the best solution to a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun - hence the (ironic) title.  So the lyrics went there, and led me to a Dylan-goes-electric musical setting.

8 @Nicko.  I went through several genres but ended up going back to my initial idea which was to do something befitting a Tarantino sound track because the photo reminded me of his films.  Not sure if I got there - its somewhere between the Shadows and a Spaghetti Western but that's the right ballpark.

9 @upside downer "Hands up! Nobody move! Hey, you! I'm Mrs D! Do a tune that has no chance of winning 'cus my fella won last month and now he's had the sweet taste of victory he wants more!"

10 @Wolfram Drawing some inspiration from the Godfather and the late great Coolio, I had two ideas for this one and couldn't decide, so ran with them both. Most definitely a song of two halves: an introduction from the hills of Sicily followed by a little story straight from the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Well there we have it ,yet another fine crop for you to listen through and choose your favourite 3

Good luck all 

Voting will finish at midnight on 31st March 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

And the winner is ...

@AndyTravis..!

zZToY75.gif

Here, then, is your Winner's Certificates (download and save as pdf file, then proudly print and frame...) ...

BC_Chal_Cert_2023_03.pdf 104.42 kB · 0 downloads

... which look like this (but bigger, of course..!)…

KJFNbzo.jpg

well!

I shall frame that.

Thanks 🥰

• Thanks 1