Why become a member? ×

Double Necks

Waddo Soqable

54 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I did have this monster at one point... Fun, but utterly pointless!

Screenshot_20230319_164045_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.f49a5d1914a393407defdf1c4f246a51.jpg

Is that a Harley Benton? If so, given their weight reputation, kudos to you for remaining upright.

11 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Here's the proper way to deal with a double neck:

Me and a mate did a similar thing, only with a recorder! (the annoying school kids instrument) 

The Gag was I'd stand behind doing the fingering and he'd do the blowing bit, but with the 'novelty that the recorder was stuck up his nostril... 

Bear in mind this was the Viz comic era... 

• Haha 1

Not a bass but I've seen Rick use this live - It was a long time ago but I think that he uses it on "Surrender" which is exactly what my back would be doing if I had to hold onto this thing

I'm pretty sure that he used all 5 necks as well

fiveneck.jpg

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

Not a bass but I've seen Rick use this live - It was a long time ago but I think that he uses it on "Surrender" which is exactly what my back would be doing if I had to hold onto this thing

fiveneck.jpg

If you are going to play live with a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 neck guitar, you NEED to use all the necks at least once otherwise I believe you automatically classify as a cockweasel. 

The dude from Coheed and Cambria had a double neck SG in one of their videos, he didn't touch the 12 string neck once, therefore he indeed automatically classifies as a cockweasel. 👍

18 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

fiveneck.jpg

I would call it a 007 guitar.

1 minute ago, binky_bass said:

If you are going to play live with a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 neck guitar, you NEED to use all the necks at least once otherwise I believe you automatically classify as a cockweasel. 

The dude from Coheed and Cambria had a double neck SG in one of their videos, he didn't touch the 12 string neck once, therefore he indeed automatically classifies as a cockweasel. 👍

Yeah, if you had multiple necks but didn't use them it'd just be a cheap trick.... 😁

1 minute ago, binky_bass said:

Did Geddy ever use the guitar neck on his Rick 4080 or was it for show?

22 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Never knew he played bass!

FC8A1CE3-6164-4957-9E15-E6C7A025719A.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delberthot said:

fiveneck.jpg

This is who immediately sprang to mind for me, but it took 5 pages for someone to post it 😆