Why become a member? ×

Some sad news...Roland Micro Cube RX

jd56hawk

• jd56hawk changed the title to Some sad news...Roland Micro Cube RX

Hope they do a new version! Or maybe the Katana bass is supposed to be the new one?

I've still got my old single speaker one the Cube 30. It's heavy by modern standards but it still sounds fantastic.

If I was ever in a position that I wasn't going to gig again, I'd be keeping that and selling off the expensive kit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, James Nada said:

Sad news.  I love mine. It does a decent guitar sound too.

I've also used it as an emergency vocal monitor and vinyl record amplifier.  

I really like mine too. I used it as a PA for the work Xmas quiz, the delay effect worked really well when announcing question numbers. QUESTION 2.. 2… 2…

I don't use mine much anymore - since getting myself a Bose S1 battery powered mini PA. I considered selling the Micro Cube, but I also like the sound. It's got quite a range of input sounds & effects too, plus the built in drum machine. I've also used it to amplify CD's / MP3 files at a garden party, and it sounded great and much louder than expected. I hope they replace it with something similar. 

EDIT: I did some busking, where a guitarist plugged into the Micro Cube too - it did a damn good guitar sound.

Edited by Marc S

I’ve still got the old Cube 30 as a practice / quiet rehearsal amp.  If it was to pop its clogs I’d happily go for the new Micro Cube AND a Kantana 110.  Roland / boss gear in this range has advanced so much it’s understandable that some of these old favourites end up discontinued 

• 9 months later...